Tuesday, 1 September 2015

Vegan Mofo Begins Again for This Vegetarian

I have decided to participate in Vegan Mofo all over again.   

Not because of the potential new readers or possible extra traffic, though that is nice.  I do it more as a vegetarian who still considers herself on the path to veganism.  If your already vegan, then yes - Vegan Mofo is a way of life, as every day is Vegan Day and every month is Vegan Month, but for a vegetarian like myself, its a little challenge and I hope you will enjoy my read this month. 


Many of you will know that I am not a vegan, but a vegetarian, however a lot of what I do cook from scratch happens to be vegan friendly.  Therefore, September 2015 this blog will be free of all animal products such as cheese, dairy, eggs and  honey. 

I do not  have a theme for Vegan MoFo, but if there was going to be a theme it would be seasonal vegetables, of course and I might even throw in some recipes inspired by my Welsh roots too, such as the Welsh Lady's vegan laverbread caviar that I promised last year.
So let it begin, the first question asked by Vegan Mofo is Rise and Shine.  Tell us about your favourite vegan breakfast/brunch.  Depending on my mood, its a toss between this Cacao Nibs, Raw Chocolate and Cocoa Muesli  with this dairy free alternative to milk and this vegan 'facon' bacon, lettuce and tomato (vBLT) sandwich.     
I just love everything about it.  And it is for this reason, I made some in readiness at the weekend for Vegan Mofo 2015

12 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this, but I look forward to it. My favorite breakfast is a a burrito of root veg, peppers, onions, and greens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good burrito, I often do TexMex style Veggie Chilli, but Enchillada's is my fave.

      Delete
  2. ooooh facon sandwich sounds great! I will be interested to see how you go with vegan mofo - I was considering it but decided the Mofo themes weren't for me and then was terribly relieved when I realised I don't really have time for it this year! but will enjoy reading mofo posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna, have to say I am a little sad that you are not participating as you were the one that spurred me on to participate in the first place. I have to admit, I am not enamored by the theme and would probably have backed out had I known before I decided, but I will do my utmost - some of the themes are just not relevant for Vegetarians or non-vegan or non-vegetarians participating, but I guess Vegan Mofo is really designed for vegans rather than non-vegans. To be truthful, I didn't have many Vegan Mofo people commenting last year, it was mostly my usual loyal readers - still I will see how it goes this year. After all I am doing it for moi!

      Delete
  3. Lovely, Shaheen. My first MOFO was when I wasn't even contemplating becoming vegan. Turned out it wasn't so difficult and by the next year, I was vegan! By now, I find it too difficult to post that often but I look forward to seeing what your share. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet. I agree I don't think it would be difficult for me, but when you have to cater for others - I think it is harder. My husband is already a Demi Veg because of me (he eats fish), but going vegan, it is not happening as he really liked his Cheese and Greek Yogurt - he has not liked the vegan cheeses I have brought home in the past, but I am trying - you never know....I look forward to your posts whenever you post them and appreciate time is a factor.

      Delete
  4. I'll be interested to see what you make during September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you know a lot of what I make tends to be vegan anyway, but Vegan Mofo keeps me a little more focused.

      Delete
  5. Ooooh looking forward to seeing what you are eating - I too am a vegetarian but lots of my recipes are also vegan friendly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna. Your just like me, lots of what I make tends to be vegan, but when it comes to sweet bakes - that when its often vegetarian.

      Delete
  6. I can't believe I missed the Vegan MoFo again! Earlier this year I was determined to take part. Well, it will have to be next year for me then, but I'm really excited to see your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am sorry you missed it. I was gutted to learn that Johanna of GGG didn't participate this year, but regardless her posts always interest me, vegan mofo or not. Thanks for your nice words.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You