Saturday, 19 September 2015

Lunch on the Go

Yes its all about the tomatoes and this week I have mostly been eating tomatoes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Here is a Orzo Pasta Salad with tomatoes and runner beans.  I made a big batch that was good for three working day lunches.



My work lunches are often home-made as buying from eateries adds up over the week.  So here are some other lunches from the past. 
Barley Salad Pot with grated carrots, pumpkin, sunflower seeds and raisins.  Portion of spicy nuts, 
I don't do breakfast during the working week, so a banana or apple in the morning is what stops my tummy from rumbling.  And this time some Nakd cocoa delights, I actually like these very much, but would be happy to give the Nakd bars a miss. 
A wholemeal bread sandwich right at the back and a 9bar which interestingly is made in Wales.  I do make my own muffins and flapjacks now and again, but as I said sometimes its nice to have a sneaky treat. 
 A different Pasta Salad, yes with tomatoes again, but also black  olives and zingy gherkins.  
And a cuppa with an apple - grown locally too.  And before you ask, this is not my mug (above), the previous two were, I borrowed it whilst mine went walkabout after leaving it to airy dry in the kitchen.  I think it is mean't to be Elvis, but I am not quite sure. 

14 comments:

  1. Some nice looking lunches there. Have you tried the new Nakd Nibbles? I've only tried the salted caramel but they are amazing! They taste like those chocolate covered caramel sweets you get in old fashioned sweet shops. I got them in Boots as part of a meal deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I haven't tried the Nakd Nibbles, will check them out. Sounds nice.

      Delete
  2. Your tomato and pasta dishes look delicious. It's such a pleasure eating fresh from the garden. I love seeing the snapshots of your lunches.

    Are you going to plant a fall garden? It's the first year I've planted a big fall garden and I'm pretty excited, although it's mostly direct seeding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phuong. It really is a pleasure to eat homegrown produce and the tomatoes this year have been epic.
      RE the garden, I have some autumnal veg - broccoli and sprouts, but the leaves have been decimated by the butterflies, lots of caterpillars on them too, so the answer is no - unless we are able to harvest what is there. I look forward to coming by and checking progress of your Autumnal/Fall garden

      Delete
  3. Yummy lunches and morning snacks. I really like the combo you came up with in the barley bowl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose. I actually thought the Barley combo was dull, but when I ate it, it made for a nice change.

      Delete
  4. your lunches look great - and I laughed at your comment about the mug because I have always enjoyed having my own mug at work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna. I don't liek putting anything in our works fridge, its pretty manky at the best of times - so keep it on my table, also so many people nosy in the fridge and poke at your food that I dare not. One of my colleagues left her hummus in the fridge and when she came to eat it, there was a finger trail - put me of using it completely. RE the mug, I now wash and leave my mug on the table, I like my own mug too.

      Delete
  5. I went to reach for a tomato today and had none-- I thought of your blog straight away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am sorry you have none - i would be most happy to share. I am thinking of making an Upside Down Tomato Tart today, but its just a thought at the moment....

      Delete
  6. Those tomatoes look like a work of art! I'm impressed that your lunches are tasty and healthy - usually I only manage to do one of the two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joey. They are pretty awesome.
      Ah not always healthy, I haven't shared the peanut butter Bagel! or the occasional bag of potato crisps, but yes its often healthy (not always tasty though :)

      Delete
  7. You have some nice lunches there...How is that mango tea? I had a burger today...and for the last two Saturdays...craving protein again...do not know why exactly...Best to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you e. I should have said I share the lunch making responsibility with D, he often makes the sarnies and I make the pasta salads or shall we say the slightly more interesting lunch pots. I love a good veggie burger - with autumn coming then winter of course - work lunches will have to be on the warmer side - maybe time to invest in a flask for soup.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You