Tuesday, 1 September 2015

My Legume Love Affair Round Up

Here is the Round Up of My Legume Love Affair #86 for August 2015.  Thank you so much to everyone who contributed, I loved meeting new bloggers and discovering some new recipes from around the world.  
Sowmya from Bread Therapy shared with us these golden and crisp Vendhiyam Dosa aka Fenugreek Crepe made with (urad dal) skinned black gram.
Asiya Subhani from Yummy Indian Kitchen shares with us Green Gram aka Moong Dal Dosa, here it is served with  a chutney.

Lata Raja from Flavours and Tastes shared Beetroot Pesaruttu made with green gram (mung dal).  This is a savoury spicy pancake.  The colour is quite interesting too. This one is bookmarked as I am always looking for different recipes to make with beetroot.
The lovely Linzi from Lancashire Food, we have a Chickpea, Lentil and Spinach Cheats Curry.  I adore chickpeas and the colour of this homely quick curry is just appealing.  
Janet from The Taste Space brings to the table a rather colourful, yet autumnal looking Southwestern Mixed Bean Salad doused with a chilli lime dressing.  
Lisa from Lisa's Kitchen also shares a salad.  This is a Chickpea Salad with vegan mayonnaise. I have to admit, the vegan mayo looks super rich and one I would be more than happy to try.
Jen from Chardonnay & Samphire offers us a plate of Flageolet Beans with Thyme and Mushrooms.  Don't be deceived by the name of this dish, his is a creamy garlicky dish with succulent mushrooms.
Cate Lawrence from The Travelling Cook brings to the MLLA table something completely different - Mushroom, White Beans and Ale Open Pie. Yahoo - pie season is upon us.  
The Veg Hog shares with us Koshari, a Egyptian dish made with rice, chickpeas and lentils.  If you haven't had it, you must - its street food, but also comfort food. 
And finally my own contribution of Carrot, Pepper and Red Lentil Tagine which was a bookmarked recipe from a vegan cookbook.  Once again, I would like to thank everyone for sharing their legume based recipes; and thank Lisa for permitting to be your humble host. 


  1. some lovely ideas here - sorry I missed this event but at least I can enjoy everyone else's entries

  2. Love the round-up. Some very interesting dishes here. Love to try some of them!

  3. Lovely roundup Shaheen. Thanks so much for hosting.

    1. Thank you for giving me the opp to host again. You know I am happy to do it, esp. as its a vegetarian event.

  4. Nice round up, sorry I missed this month will have to try for next time.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You