Friday, 4 September 2015

Ms Marmite Lovers Green and Black Cheescake with Limes - Avocado with Oreo Base

When I initially saw Vegan Mofo prompt for today, I knew exactly what weird combination I was going to share with you, then I re-read the prompt  this morning and it said 'a weird combination that you love' and the fact is there is not a weird combination that I loveSo I had to think hard about this and came up with this - Avocados.  I have actually come to like sorta love avocados in cheesecakes.  

I've seen lots of green vegan cheesecakes over the past 5 years or so made with avocado, but I have never made one myself.  So when I saw Ms Marmite Lovers aka Kerstin Rodgers Green and Black Cheesecake with Bengali Lime and Avocado last month in V is for Vegan  (one of my favourite cookbooks at the moment) I knew I had to have a go at making it at home.  
So guess what, other than just ogling at it in the glossy pages of V is for Vegan, I actually did make it.  Yay.  Here it is in all its green and black glory.  I did have to adapt her recipe a little like using 3 limes instead of 5, but nothing major that would alter the recipe significantly.   I also studded the cheesecake with a handful of blueberries from my garden.  
It was beautifully light and a sublimely green though this is not picked up by the photos sadly.  I am also sorry I don't have a photograph of it sliced to share, but I assure you it sliced wonderfully. I actually preferred it more on the third day of eating, the lemony lime zingness seemed much stronger.  Even D, who is not that keen on vegan cheesecake was won over by this one. 
As well as Vegan Mofo. I am sharing this with No Waste Food Challenge and idea by Elizabeths Kitchen Diary .  This month it is hosted by Foodie Quine.  The Oreo cookies where discovered in my kitchen cupboard and quickly reaching is best before date, this recipe made for the perfect excuse of gobbling them up.  Want the recipe?! Then by the cookbook: V is for Vegan.  Find the recipe here on the PeTA website can also be found here and here.

10 comments:

  1. When I first read the title, I thought there was going to be marmite in the cheesecake...now, that would be a strange combo (maybe :P).

    Your rendition is gorgeous! I love creative things like this; I have no doubts that it was delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose. I know, a few people made that mistake with the other bookmarked recipe from V is for Vegan cookbook.

      Delete
  2. Your cheesecake looks beautiful!!!! :) I love the addition of blueberries from your garden, it makes it extra special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elyse and for coming by my blog and repaying the compliment. the blueberries were small, but yes homegrown made it extra special

      Delete
  3. This cheesecake looks delicious! I haven't tried avocado in cheesecake yet but the creamy texture would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kyra. You really should its a revelation

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Hope your well. Nice to see your vegan mofo posts, I promise to comment soon

      Delete
  5. Sounds so delicious - if I had a chance to make this I would but I oogle far more cheesecakes than I ever make

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was way to much for us too, so I did take some into work for some of my colleagues to try, they really really praised it and that was the non veggies too.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You