Sunday, 20 June 2010

Colourful vegetables

Yesterday morning I went to the farmers market and picked up some seasonal vegetables.
Rhubarb, runner beans, courgettes and lovely tomatoes. Apparently the stall also had some broad beans, but they were all sold out by the time I got there. What a shame, but I have enough to keep me busy in the kitchen.

I also have some carrots, Maris peer potatoes, a white cabbage grown in Fife and a cauliflower grown in Cornwall that was reduced in price. So you can see what I'll be cooking with this week. I've already used a courgette for a light salad. What's next...


  1. I just can't wait for our local farmers to spoil us with the same array of colorful goodness;o)
    Flavourful wishes, Claudia

  2. Thanks Sooz.

    Farmers markets have their highs and lows in the U.K. I think they have a long way to go, before they reach the standards of those in the USA.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You