Thursday, 17 June 2010

Banana and coconut flapjacks for breakfast

Lately, neither D or myself have been enjoying eating our bananas. I think the sudden warm weather is to blame. As one not to waste the dark skinned bananas on the window sill, my thoughts began to turn to banana muffins.

Many of you will know that I like to take muffins into work for my tea-break. Its really a good excuse to eat cake in the morning. However, as I knew I would be away for a couple of days early this week, I decided on making some banana flapjacks. This way I could also take some with me for my travels and the rest could be eaten by D. Then I remembered D did not particularly enjoy the banana flapjacks I made a few months ago. So I had to do something a bit different to them. Well I decided to add some flaked coconut to the recipe, and guess what he enjoyed them much more.


Banana & Coconut Flapjack
Makes 6-8 pieces
Ingredients
40g butter
60g soft brown sugar
1 tablespoon golden syrup
225g rolled porridge oats
50g raisins
2 medium bananas
20 - 40g flaked coconut
Method
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6. Lightly grease a baking tin. My baking tin measured 8 by 8 inches.
Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the sugar and golden syrup.
Mash the bananas. Combine the butter, sugar and syrup with the oats. Stir in the raisins and coconut. Spread evenly into the greased baking tray. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until slightly brown. Leave to cool before slicing.

7 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm so glad you found me because I love good food and recipes! I'll have to try this flapjack recipe. It looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no flour? Yummm...sounds like candy to me...am definitely going to try this..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow a very nice and healthy snack.Simple and esay to make.Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look like great little bars! Perfect for grab and go! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THe flapjack looks delicious! I love coconut added int things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look like a delicious morning snack--so hearty. I love the banana and coconut combination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you So, So much Jennifer.


    I hope you like Gardening Bren.


    Kiran. Its one of the reasons I like making flapjacks. Simple and delicious.


    Thanks Vic.
    They certainly are a welcome breakfast or energy bar.


    Thank you Morgan.
    I don't eat coconut that much. So for me it was a welcome change.


    Thank you for your comment fortheloveofyum.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You