Sunday, 8 January 2017

Dandelion 'Honey', Marigold Mango Flapjacks

A little while back I mentioned that a work colleague gave me not one not two but three jars of her homemade golden Dandelion Honey  which also happened to be accidentally vegan.  

I have been loving the stuff and using it in place of bee honey and golden syrup. I've had it stirred simply in some herbal fruit teas as a  sweetener, used some to mustard glaze some vegetables and here in these Mango, Marigold and Dandelion Flapjacks that I made a while back
These Mango, Marigold and Dandelion Honey Flapjacks were made for breakfast.  I am terrible for eating breakfast in the morning, especially on a working day, so these suit me fine with a cup of coffee when I turn on the works computer to check e mails and such.  

I have used dried mango pieces in these flapjacks, but you can use any other dried fruit, but to keep it in the yellow fruit theme - golden raisins, apricots, peaches.
I have also made a fresh cranberry version, but did not get round to getting a picture of it, which is a shame as I loved how the fresh cranberries had burst and splattered into the oats.


If you wondering about the recipe, well I tweaked my Turmeric Flapjack recipe just a little.  I omitted the turmeric and substituted the golden syrup with the Dandelion 'honey'.  I am sharing this with Tea Time Treats hosted by Lavender and Lovage, Travels for Taste and Jo'e Kitchen.  and d also Treat Petite. 


12 comments:

  1. They look and sound delicious! And I love the new banner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. My husband encourages me to change my blog header every year, so i do to keep the blog fresh. thank you for noticing.

      Delete
  2. I made some chamomile honey because you posted about your dandelion honey earlier...it is SO good...and this spring I'm going to try it again with dandelions...

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Teresa, I am so pleased.
      I haven't made any of my own yet, but both the dandelion honey and the daisy honey that i have shared have been gifted to me by friends, so pleased you were inspired to make your own with chamomile flower. Wonderful.

      Delete
  3. I was the same about breakfast when working, as I often left really early and just had a coffee on the train. These would have been perfect to accompany it and I would now enjoy them as an any time snack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you somuch Kari. they do say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but i only have a proper breakfast at the w/e when i have more time on my hands. Many people in the office have cereal at their desk, I don't like doing that -+ but am guilty of eating my pasta salad at my desk as we have no canteena space.

      Delete
  4. I love your unique mix of flavours Shaheen, thanks for entering these moreish looking flapjacks into Treat Petite x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Stuart, I do like to join in when I can and the theme Anything Goes encouraged me.

      Delete
  5. These look delicous. Thank you for entering #TeaTimeTreats

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sound of these colour themed treats! I want some Dandelion honey now too. Thanks for linking up with #TeaTimeTreats :) Manjiri

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You