Tuesday, 1 March 2016

Little Welsh Nibbles In My Kitchen

With today being St David's Day, I thought I would share some Welsh things and Welsh nibbles in my kitchen. 
 I treated myself to a cute new Welsh mug, this has found its way to the office. 
I've showcased this chopping board before on my blog, but I couldn't resist sharing it again.  It reads in Welsh 'Homemade Bread made with Love'.  It was given to me as a gift from my nephew many years ago and I still treasure it, no bread or bread knife has ever been near it. 
This is a novelty dish wash scrubby in the shape of a Welsh daffodil.  



I've had Blodyn Aur Welsh Rapeseed Oils in my kitchen cupboards for a while, I often use them for pasta salads.  The Oak Smoked and Chilli Oil are my favourites. I've been using the Chilli Oil quite generously recently, I think its my favourite of the three. Blodyn Aur means golden flower. 
 I've been making vegan Welsh Laverbread Caviar for a while, here is a jar that I made recently.  Follow this link if you want the recipe. 
I seem to always have a tin or two of laverbread in my kitchen cupboards, as well as making the vegan Laverbread Caviar, I've made Welsh Cottage Pie with Laverbread Mash and Laverbread Scones.
This is not a sponsored blog post
The Welsh Laverbread Scones were also smothered in Collier's Welsh Cheddar and Dragon Welsh Caerphilly Cheese.
This is not a sponsored blog post

This is not a sponsored blog post
I also picked up some Colliers Welsh Rarebit Potato Crisps and Colliers Welsh Churned Butter.  PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A SPONSORED BLOG POST.  I am Welsh and I do like trying Welsh produce.  Opinions are always my own. 
I have had this Bim's African Boabab Chilli Jam in my kitchen for a few months.  I picked it up when I went to Cardiff and stumbled across a indie shop in one of the arcades called Wondrously Welsh - it was stacked high with Welsh products and handmade crafts. 
I also picked up this Patchwork Smokey Mushroom Marmalade Pate.  I hope to crack open both these jars in the next few weeks when I make some home-made bread.  I also have some Hilltop Honey to share.
In my kitchen you will also find some welsh cookbooks.  I have been flicking through them for inspiration for St David's Day.   I have recently made Welsh Cottage Pie; Indo Cymru Stew with Cwtch Dumplings; Welsh Cawl Hot Pot; and there is much more to come.   

You may be interested to see my Made In Welsh blog post too.  Click here.
And Welsh Nosh and Welsh things in my kitchen from last year.  Click here.
And My New Welsh Kitchen. Click Here.

I am sharing this post with  Maureen of The Orgasmic Chef. who is hosting s In My Kitchenon behalf of Celia from Fig and Lime Cordial.

22 comments:

  1. Lovely shares! I used to have a daffodil dish wash scrubby too, in three different colors! x)

    VEGETARIAN COURTESYFACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adi, wow that is interesting to know in different colour too.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the things you have in your kitchen, especially the dish scrubby. A peek into the Welsh traditional cookbook would be a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen, i can't bring myself to use the scrubby - but the husband will find a way...

      Delete
  3. Love your love of all things Welsh...Especially your beautiful board where bread is made with love. Very impressed, too, that you make your own vegan caviar! P.s. In My Kitchen today I'm celebrating Japanese Girls' Day =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I came by your blog to comment, but found it hard to leave a comment, will try again.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely IMK post - I always love your welsh posts and really wish I could squeeze in a trip to Wales when we go to Scotland but I just don't think it will happen. That mug is brilliant, I love that you still have the chopping board unscratched and would love some of your smoky mushroom pate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Johanna. Yes a shame, but you are here for a different reason this time, so maybe next time. I've yet to try the smoky pate, will give you my verdict at some point.

      Delete
  5. You have some great products. The dish brush made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari, If I had taken my time - I think I could have found more Welsh things to share, but that can be for some other time.

      Delete
  6. Ah I'm totally feeling the Welsh love ;) The mug and chopping board are great! I bought a little Welsh traditional teatime recipe book from The Winding House which is just up the road from me. I made Bara Brith from it yesterday and tried out a Welshcake recipe that's different to the one I usually use. Your Cawl Hotpot looks delicious, I'll put that on my list to make next :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara.
      I love Bara Brith and make a vegan version too. Your right, some of the recipes inthe Teatime recipe books are v. dif to the Welsh recipes I make at home, I guess as long as hey turn out and taste good it doesn't matter. Hope you like the vegan Welsh Cawl Pot, I have put in loads of mock 'meat' lamb, as I didn't want it to be soup like the traditional meat Welsh Cawl.

      Delete
  7. So many fabulous goodies in your kitchen. I'd love a piece of laverbread. Drooling now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an eclectic mix of things you have shared. Those ladies on that cookbook would scare me too much to peek inside. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, the cover is old fashioned but traditional.

      Delete
  9. The smoky mushroom pate looks quite nice. Love all your Welsh goodies this month, especially the scrubber and bread board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gretchen. I've yet to try it, but I am hoping that it is so.

      Delete
  10. That smoky rapeseed oil sounds yummy Shaheen, look forward to see what you use it for. Love the sound too of that Chilli jam - yumm! Laverbread is something new to me and I've never heard of it before but it sounds interesting. Lots of new products for #IMK that I've never heard of before, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I have used the chilli oil, but not so much the smoked one. Still to crack open the chilli jam too. I have been enjoying the versatility of the laverbread.

      Delete
  11. i adore all the Welsh things. that mug is just so cute! everything looks so tasty. the scrubber is a fun item too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry Its my fave too, the mug that is.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You