Wednesday, 16 March 2016

Avocado Coriander Chilli Spaghetti

This Avocado Coriander Chilli Spaghetti was a throw it in the pan meal.  I make these kinda of meals quite a lot when I get in home from work; and these are the ones that are often not photographed either due to poor lighting or hunger pangs more of a priority than blogging.  

Another thing to say about these kind of meals is that I don't often measure the ingredients and judge it by eye, so it never tastes the same the next time round,  but always hits the hungry spot. 
This Spaghetti Pasta dish is very much like the Butternut Squash dish I made a month or so back, its essentially Spaghetti Pasta Aglio, Olio e Peperonicino or chilli flakes tarted up with soft buttery avocado and zesty herbs, mostly coriander.  And to finish it off, some freshly squeezed lemon juice to give it some zing. 

The avocado is natures green natural butter and melted, sliding down my throat effortlessly was truly sublime, gently calming the heat from the red chilli flakes.
D's my biggest cooking fan and my most harshest of critics too. And he loved this dish, saying he could easily eat a bowl full again.  And guess what, I picked up some more avocados this lunch hour from the Fruit Machine in the town where I work, so who knows. 


  1. Wow...I'd have never thought to put those ingredients with spaghetti...could you give a general recipe? I've got pasta in the pantry and two avocados in the kitchen...Hope you are well!

    1. Thanks e.
      Cook penne pasta for 2 people.
      Meanwhile, heat 4 tablespoons olive oil in a wide pan, then add in a 2 - 4 cloves sliced garlic and 1/2 tsp chilli flakes and cook med. heat for a few minutes, then stir in a handful of coriander/parsley or to taste, that has been minced stir well, before tossing in the cooked spaghetti and 1 - 2 cubed avocados. I also threw in some cherry tomatoes, this was at the same time as the coriander. Serve immediately.

    2. Whoops forgot the squeeze of lemon juice at the end.
      I am well, works keeping me busy - but I am having a few days off over Easter and will go to see my MIL. Hope your good.

  2. Ooh yum, avocado! We have had such a shortage of avos in our house lately as the prices skyrocketed due to a national avo shortage! They were sitting at $7 each for a while! Thankfully they are coming back down so hopefully I can enjoy some more meals like this soon.

    1. Avocados are super expensive here too, I buy them when on offer. I was going to pick up some more today, but forgot. Hope its not too long when you will have some in your home once again.

  3. This is a very nice weekday meal, nice combination of ingredients.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You