Friday, 18 March 2016

Five Egg Cups

We don't celebrate Easter in our home, no reason - we just don't.  We rarely purchase or eat chocolate shaped eggs, other than those that are shared in the workplace.  But we do occasionally eat free range eggs.  

This Friday I thought I would share some egg cups in my home.  Now before I do, I must say, neither of us really do dippy eggs, but I do like kitchenalia and many of these egg cups were picked up mostly for aesthetic reasons, than for functional reasons. 

First up, these farm animals shaped egg cups - hen, sheep and pig.  I did also have a cow, but it's head fell off and there was a crack in the cup itself so it was lobbed.
Next I picked up these old fashioned egg cup holders from a charity shop with my mother in law a couple of years back when I moved back to Wales.  They weren't in great condition when I brought them home, and they are sadly deteriorating, but I do like them.



I nicked this idea from Nigella Lawson, she had an egg cup with her name.  I found some gold paint in a tube and made one for myself, it was very unlikely I would find a egg cup with my name on it. 
Two rather modern egg character egg cups with hat and spoon.  These Alessi Cico are brand new and were still in its original box.  These were also picked up from a charity shop a few months ago for a £1 each as I know they are quite often expensive to purchase brand new.  I will have to give them to a friend with a child, who may appreciate it, as it will only remain in its box in our home.
And finally a rather humble glass one in the shape of a chicken.  I think this may have been my first egg cup as I've had it for years.

Whoops, I tell a fib, I remembered these beautiful handcrafted and hand paited pottery ones that my mother in law gave me.  I've shared it on my blog before but couldn't help doing so once again. So that is six egg cups, not five. 
May I will also take the opportunity to share some egg recipes from my blog archive.
Supernatural Green Quiche with Spirulina Shortcrust Pastry
My Big Fat Persian Kuku
Green Harissa Pouched Eggs with Aubergines
Finally I am sharing this blog post is being shared with Amy who is hosting Five on Fridays over at Love Made My Home

24 comments:

  1. What great egg cups, I particularly liked the glass one. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a gorgeous collection of egg cups. As you know, I don't eat eggs but I would like some of these just because they're so attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see your different egg cups, you have quite a collection, we only have four in this house! I really like your chicken best of all!! That is very cute. Thank you for taking part in Five On Friday, hope you have a good weekend and a good Easter! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute egg cups! I often find myself picking up eggs cups in charity shops, but I usually make myself put them down because I don't even eat eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I like the animal eggcups best. Have fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these five on fridays posts - egg cups are so interesting that I wish I ate boiled eggs just for the cups. Sylvia went through a phase of eating boiled eggs and we purchased a few but that habit is long past :-( I love your egg cup with your name on it and I love it even more that you made it because you were certain it was the only way to get an egg cup with your name on it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna. I know, its the only egg cup that stays out - all the others are tucked away.

      Delete
  7. Great collection but I'm especially happy to go and look at the recipes. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't do "dippy" eggs either, but I love egg cups and you definitely have a great bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually need an egg cup or two...Nice collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks e. Hope you pick up a couple.

      Delete
  10. I love the plain glass one best. Sometimes the simple things are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some great designs there. I like the egg-head monks best 😊. Being vegan I would definitely be using any egg cups in my house for dips or chocolate eggs! Talking of which, you might want to take a look at the choc ginger truffle eggs I just posted. They'd look good in some of your lovely egg cups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarojini. So good to hear that you would still use egg cups in your home, many vegans I know would not - but they can be versatile. Like dips as you suggested or evening for seasoning - holding za'atar, pepper and salt for sprinkling - i like your thinking. Coming on over to check out your ginger truffle eggs.

      Delete
  12. I'm so happy you included number six, because had I come across those in a store, I wouldn't have known what to do with them. Wonderful thing to collect, as you don't find them all that often; hence, the collection doesn't need a warehouse for storage like my books and sets of dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patsy, can you tell me more about them - I thought they were local, but evidently not.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You