Thursday, 31 March 2016

My Legume Love Affair March 2016 Round Up

Early this month I hosted the 93rd edition of My Legume Love Affair for March 2016.  
Here are the vegetarian and vegan legume-lentil-bean fantastic contributions.
The first entry comes from Kate at Gluten Free Alchemist.  Kate shares Reggae Potatoes loaded with Caribbean flavours.  The legume featured in this recipe is black eyed peas.



Next we have Linsy  with No Ginger, Garlic or Tomato Channa Masala.  The legume featured here are the nutty chickpeas.  
Rafeeda who blogs at the Big Sweet Tooth is a new blogger to me, so its lovely to make her acquaintance though MLLA.  Rafeeda shares with us Bessara - Moroccan Fava Bean Dip. She had used dried broad beans for this recipe.  
We have another dip, this Hummus with Za'atar comes from Lisa's Kitchen.  I have to add and agree with Lisa though, Hummus is more than a dip or appetizer, it can easily turn into a hearty meal.  The beans used here are dried chickpeas.  
The Veg Hog shares with us Leek and Lentil Pie.  The Lentils featured in this belly warming pie are Puy lentils, though they are well hidden under that ruby gem potato mash . 
Janet from The Taste Space shares with us an exciting plate of  Beet Balls and Roasted Potato Salad. The green lentils are blended within the baked balls. 
And finally my own contribution of Red Pepper and Kidney Bean Casserole. This is a very red and smoky dish made with the addition of vegan sausages.   

I would like to thank everyone for sharing their recipes; and thank Lisa for giving the opportunity to host once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You