Friday, 25 April 2014

Rhubarb Crowns

My rhubarb is growing fantastically well.

I've got a few ideas of what I would like to do with it when it comes to harvesting, but one of the very first dishes I will be making is what has become a firm in our home - Celia's Rhubarb and Lentil Curry.   For the recipe follow this link.  The recipe is vegan, but we like to serve it with a dollop of natural yogurt on the side.  I am sharing Celia's Rhubarb and Lentil Curry because I think it is worth sharing with Jacqueline of Tinned Tomatoes for this months edition of Bookmarked Recipes #32.
Anyway, what will you be making with rhubarb?!   Come on, please share some rhubarb inspiration.  I am always looking to try some new rhubarb  sweet and savoury recipes.  Here's some to inspire you. 
One of the most popular recipes on my blog that has inspired fellow bloggers to create their own combinations was this Rhubarb and Rose Petal Butter,  closely followed by Rhubarb and Hibiscus Butter (pictured above).
Fancy some Rhubarb Scones
Rhubarb and Ginger Muffins in some of my treasured and cherished teacups and saucers.
Rhubarb, Rose Petals and White Chocolate Flapjacks cut out in a heart shape.  
Rhubarb and Rosemary Cookies.  
Pink Rhubarb Sorbet - one of the very first Rhubarb recipes to feature on my blog.

6 comments:

  1. I have rhubarb in the fridge and am still not sure what to do with it - love rhubarb in a crumble - especially with strawberries - but highly recommend this overnight bread recipe http://gggiraffe.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/rrhubarb-and-raspberry-no-knead.html - though I am tempted to make a cake I love that has rhubarb in it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Johanna. It looks lovely,
      I've got a couple of ideas now, but will keep in mind your foccacia bread.

      Delete
  2. They all look delicious Shaheen. Especially the flapjacks - might try those! I'm also a great fan of combining white chcolate with fruit. ;-) I have made various cakes and desserts with rhubarb in the past, including the cake I posted recently: http://wordsandherbs.wordpress.com/2014/04/18/luscious-rhubarb-cake/ - and another favourite is my rhubarb and strawberry chocolate cobbler: http://wordsandherbs.wordpress.com/2012/05/31/rhubarb-and-strawberry-chocolate-cobbler/
    Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Cathy, that looks really good. Might give rhubarb crumble a miss for this for sure. I've had strawberry rhubarb vcombo before, but not topped with choc cobblers. And you luscious rhubarb cakes looks pretty tempting too. Thank you for the recommendations, truly appreciated.

      Delete
  3. The rhubarb and Lentil curry is still a firm fav at our house, thanks to you introducing it on your blog. This season, being so late here in Nova Scotia, our rhubarb only has the smallest of leaves but soon...soon...it will stretch it's long stems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember Gardening Bren and I am so delighted. Your rhubarb will soon stretch its long stems! My rhubarb is doing good, but not as well as my new neighbours who have a super duper crowns that is giving big stems. I wish I had asked them before they moved if I could have a crown for my garden. I do have my own rhubarb, but its not as est. as theirs.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I will always try to reply, even if its a simple Thank you.
You can also find me on;
Twitter: @SeasonalShaheen