Monday, 14 April 2014

A mug of fresh mint tea

Seedlings are germinating, and the fruit trees are blossoming, herbs are growing -  other than that there is not really much growing in my garden and not much being harvested other than the mint that is running riot in the garden plot.  I am pulling it out, here and there and trying my best to control it.

My mother dries her mint herb on the window sill and when dried she rubs them between her hands, so to remove the dried leaves from the stem.  The dried mint herb is then transferred to a glass jar for when she wishes for some mint tea.  Well, I have mint tea today, but its fresh mint tea enhanced with a little honey. Simples.   



I am sharing this with Daphne and Dandelions who is hosting Harvest Mondayand Karen at Lavender and Lovage for Cooking with Herbs Challenge. 

4 comments:

  1. Mint is on our list of items to get planted this year. I've heard it can really get out of control. Any suggestions?? Does it do well in a pot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have in the past tried to grow it in pots too, but then it doesn't do so well producing small quantities. So sorry, I don't have any other suggestions and will just have to control it in the ground.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good idea. Mine hasn't got to the stage where I need to pull it up yet, but in a week or so I'll have lots to spare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be coming up every direction soon :) Start thinking of some other minty inspiration.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I will always try to reply, even if its a simple Thank you.
You can also find me on;
Twitter: @SeasonalShaheen