Friday, 1 May 2015

Vegetable Palette: White Vegetables #10

Welcome to April's Round up of The Vegetable Palette: natures colours - natures goodness''. 
The theme for April was White Vegetables such as cauliflower, garlic, mushrooms, onions, parsnips, potatoes...   (Scroll to the bottom of the page for the new theme if you would like to take part).
The fist entry comes from Jen from Chardonnay & Samphire.  Jen shared with us Creamy Mushroom Quinoa.  The white vegetable here are mushrooms.  Jen writes 'Rich and comforting (especially with a big glass of wine), this is a good week night supper as it is quick and simple, but effective.  And rather healthy'. I have never had quinoa this way, so may just give it a go. 
Next we have Ros from The More Than Occasional Baker who shares with us a recipe also made with mushroom, this is a Spinach, Ricotta and Mushroom Quiche.  I have to say when I first saw this at a glance, I actually thought it was a pizza and then surprised to learn it was a quiche. Ros writes 'its one of the tastiest quiches I've made.  Although, I'm not vegetarian, I have found that vegetarian quiches tend to taste better then the meat/fish ones'.  Yay, certainly looks good to me, even if topped with a few flat mushrooms.  
The Veg Hog shares with us an awesome Potato Pizza. The white vegetable here being potatoes. The Veg Hog writes 'I was partly influenced by my trip to Copenhagen and partly by the Vegetable Palette challenge to make this potato pizza...made in the style of a fried pizza (first stage is on a frying pan, then oven)'. I so want a slice, just look at how crisp it looks! 
anet from the Taste Spaces brings to the table a dish that is new to me -  Vegan Bigos  aka Polish Sauerkraut Stew.  This stew has mushrooms and cabbage, that are white.  Janet writes 'this quick and easy stir fry with mushroom, cabbage, sauerkraut and soy curls is delightful with a hit of fresh dill'.  I am willing to give it try, there seems to be so many different textures in this bowl.  
And finally my own contribution, Whole Roasted Tandoori Cauliflower.

I would like to Jen, Ros, the Veg Hog, and Janet their contributions.  If you would like to participate in the Vegetable Palette, then please follow this link on how to participate.  The theme for May is Your Favourite Vegetable - Yes, this time you have an opportunity to cook with a vegetable that you like to eat often, but you must tell me why you like cooking and eating this vegetable...

4 comments:

  1. Incredibly great selection of dishes. White vegetables can look really good and don't need to be bland. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you VegHog, yes white vegetables can look really good :)

      Delete
  2. Well I haven't been too creative with the white vegies but maybe I can come up with a favourite vegetable! Or one of them as I am sure I don't have just one favourite :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna, I have no doubt you will. It was hard to come up with a theme for May, was thinking pink - with rhubarb coming into season here, but thought I would keep that for June, there will be loads of pink and red fruit and veg about.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You