Saturday, 2 May 2015

Eat Your Greens Round Up #11

Here is the Round Up for 'Eat Your Greens' #11.    
This is a monthly vegetarian and vegan cooking challenge for food bloggers to make something with a green vegetable (or fruit) each month.  
First up we have Johanna from Green Gourmet Giraffe with a Green Smoothie.  The greens in her smoothie are kiwi fruit, cucumber, spinach and lime juice.  Johanna writes that this green smoothie was 'Healthy, velvety and not to heavy'.  
Next we have Janet from the Taste Spaces.  Janet shares with us an unusual, but flavour packed and bright South Western Avocado Scramble Salad.  It looks super duper healthy and filling. The greens in this  Scramble include Avocado, lime and optional leafy greens.  
The Veg Hog brings to the table some warm Watercress Rolls.   I love the look of these golden rolls and really wish I had one in my hand to break open, especially today with the weather going all nippy.  These would be so perfect with a bowl of home-made soup. 
Next we have my entry of Green Gumbo made with an ingredient that many people dislike -  okra aka lady fingers, but there are also a number of other greens in this bowl, such as chard, spinach, kale and broccoli.  
Emily from Cooking for Kishore with Shaved Asparagus Salad with Honey and Feta.  Shaving the asparagus is new to me and I can how it can work well in light salads.  Emily writes ' it is a great light starter or side dish, with fresh shoots mixed with a dressing of sweet and tangy lemon, honey and feta'.
We have another asparagus recipe, these Asparagus and Red Pepper Muffins. come from Caroline who blogs over at Caroline Makes.  Caroline writes  shares with us an asparagus based dish too.  She some savoury   Caroline writes 'these asparagus and red pepper muffins are low calorie and fat free, they aren't muffins in the usual sense as there is no cake - instead the filling is made with eggs'. So perfect for al fresco eating!

Thank you so much to Johanna, Janet, Veg Hog, Emily  and Caroline who shared their green eats.  If you would like to share your #Eat Your Greens recipes for May, then please follow this link for details on how to participate.

6 comments:

  1. Those muffins look delicious I thought they were quiche <-----(not sure how to spell it haha I think thats right...) at first. I have been having smoothies for breakfast for the past few months and I love how they keep me full till lunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to make you acquaintance. Yes those muffins are a bit quiche like, but more portable. Smoothies are really filling, I should make more of an effort to make some.

      Delete
  2. always love some greenery - lovely round up shaheen (I have a good one for you this month - just need to get organised.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Johanna, looking forward to seeing what you come up with this month.

      Delete
  3. Nice round-up, Shaheen. I think I will have another avocado recipe for you this month, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet. Look forward to receiving your avocado recipe.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You