Tuesday, 3 March 2015

Eat Your Greens Round Up 9

Welcome to 'Eat Your Greens' Round Up  #9.    
This is a relatively new monthly vegetarian and vegan cooking challenge for food bloggers to make something with a green vegetable (or fruit) each month.  
The first entry comes from Jen from Chardonnay & Samphire with Rocket and Avocado Millet Risotto. She presents us with a light risotto, in place of the traditional rice we have millet.  I love how pretty this risotto looks, accentuated further by the leafy rocket and buttery avocado. 
Next we have The Veg Hog with Green Pepper Stir and Sprout  Fry. This stir fry is made with buckwheat noodles and enhanced with green vegetables like mangetout, green peppers and bean sprouts.  This would be lovely to tuck into for lunch or a light evening meal. 
Then we have the lovely Linsy from Home Cook Food with Baked Crunchy Lady Fingers also known as okra.  This recipe was recommended to her by her parents.  She declares it to be delicious. I like the sound of this as I am a savoury snacker and these have both crunch and bite.  
Janet at The Taste Space shares with us Yellow Split Chickpeas with Spinach Curry with split chickpeas also known as channa dal that had been on her kitchen shelf.  She was super pleased with the flavours of the curry, this curry also includes the herb dill.
Caroline at Caroline Makes shares with us Broccoli and Sweet Potato Vegetarian Burger. As well as the vegetables it has halloumi cheese.  Its been a little while since I've had a veggie burger so who knows, this may just appear on my table this weekend as I have both sweet potatoes and broccoli.    
And finally my own contribution of Green Valley Elvis Smoothie made with curly kale from the garden, banana from the fruit bowl and peanut butter from the kitchen cupboards.

Thank you so, so much to everyone who shared their green eats.  If you would like to share your #Eat Your Greens recipes for March, then please follow this link for details on how to participate.


  1. Thank you again for the nice round up!

  2. they all look yummy. Although I have never had okra, even though we have been down to the Southern States where it is very popular.

    1. Thank you Gill. Okra is an acquired taste, if not cooked well, it can be quite sticky, I prefer it baked and crispy.

  3. it all looks green and glorious - I missed last month but am posting the soup today that I meant to send in last month so I will be participating in March :-)

    1. Its okay, its been a bit quiet this month with EYG and Vegetable Palette. I appreciate it whenever you participate.

  4. Sometimes I forget there are non-leafy green vegetables, especially during winter. Everything looks great.

  5. Cool. I will try to remember to join in next month.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You