Wednesday, 4 March 2015

Vegetable Palette Round Up #8

Welcome to February's Round up of 'The Vegetable Palette: natures colours - natures goodness''.  
The theme for February was Vegetables that you LOVE VEGETABLES!   (Scroll to the bottom of the page for the new theme).
The fist entry comes Caroline at Caroline Makes shares with us a golden Sweet Potato and Halloumi  Vegetarian Burger. This burger also has broccoli in it.  Its been a little while since I've had a veggie burger so who knows, this may just appear on my table this weekend as I have both sweet potatoes and broccoli.   
Next we have Cocoa Jerk Tofu Tacos from Janet at the Taste Space.  I am really curious about this recipe that comes from the book Superfoods for Life, Cacao and look forward to getting my mitts on it one day in the near future.  She assures us that it does not taste like chocolate at all, instead the cacao lends a deeper flavour.  I look forward to trying it one day.
Solange at Pebble Soup shares what she describes as a Simple Cauliflower Soup.  I am not a huge fan of cauliflower, but the one way that I really do enjoy it is in a soup - so this thick cream free Creamy soup appeals.  It is further enhanced with spices such as coriander, cumin and garlic.  And with it being still quite nippy in the U.K, I certainly would not turn my nose up to this hearty soup. 
And lastly but not least is Jen from Chardonnay & Samphire.  Jen shared with us Jerusalem Artichokes and Mushrooms with Truffled Gremolata.  I somehow seemed to have missed out on Jerusalem Artichokes (also known as Sunchokes) this year, I do struggle to know what to do with them, but this recipe is inspiring and one I hope to remember to make when I do stumble upon some Jerusalem Artichokes.  I especially love the sound of the Truffled Gremolata.

I would like to thank everyone for their contributions.  If you would like to participate in the Vegetable Palette, then please follow this link on how to participate.  The theme for March  is Simple Spring Vegetables

6 comments:

  1. Wow those recipes look good- I think the cauliflower soup would be the one for me today... can't seem to get warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it is still rather nippy, i am planning on making soup this weekend too.

      Delete
  2. these dishes look really lovely - I haven't really managed to get into this but maybe I might have something to share for March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand Johanna, the idea seemed good - but in reality I don't know how long it will last as seasons vary in different parts of the world and this has an impact on the colour theme of the challenge.

      Delete
  3. Hi Shaheen, I emailed you my "Kale and tofu side dish" for March Vegetable palette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The March round up will be posted at the start of April. Thank you for your entry.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You