Monday, 26 August 2013

Vegan Food Swap U.K (August 2013)

A few months ago, I came across  vegan food swap, but with work commitments and being so disorganised at the time (not knowing whether I was coming or going) I could not participate.  However, with time on my hands this time and feeling like participating in something new, I took the leap.  This was my first time participating in vegan food swap U.K. 
My parcel came from Penny . As you can see from the image above, it contained lots of goodies such as Just Wholefoods Raspberry Jelly Crystals -  Tartex Mushroom Pate - The Food Doctor Roasted Bean Mix - Co-op Pistachios which were immediately claimed by my husband) Moo Free Mini Moo Hunny Comb Bars - Frutina Real Fruit (Blueberry) Snack - Nakd Cocoa Mint - Fruit and Oat Bar with Pomegranate and Raspberry - Panda Raspberry Licorice; and some sachet of Pukka teas.

My receiving partner was Samantha who mentioned in her e mail that she was not keen on olives and raisins.  I found it a bit of a challenge, as it was difficult finding vegan products locally, in fact I had to make a visit to the city next door to make the parcel interesting.  I also sent her some home-made Sweet Potato Muesli (minus the raisins) I hope Samantha likes what I sent her. 

Once again Thank you to Penny for my vegan goods and to Mitsu and Sasha for organising U.K Vegan Food Swap.   If you would like to take part too, you can sign up here.

6 comments:

  1. I love this idea- may yet join in, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do, it was my first time last month. Def. participating again this month.

      Delete
  2. I used to live off that pate when I was at school! I'm having to opt out of the swap for a couple of months due to travel and other commitments, but when I join in again, maybe I'll get to swap with you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)
      Oh its a shame that your opting out for a little while as I wondered if we would be partnered up in a swap :) but understandable. Look forward to reading about your travels.

      Delete
  3. This is such an interesting concept! It's my first time hearing about it - I'm new to London and still trying to find out all the neat things going on in this city. I'm definitely going to have to sign up. Maybe we'll be partnered up one month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to make your acquaintance Tina,
      :)
      You never know who you'll get int he swap, last month I got one of the organisers

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You