Monday, 12 August 2013

Stokes Croft Murals Part of Bristol Graffit Art

Not a food related post today, but still one that will be feast for the eyes. 

Over the past few months or so, we have been taking the opportunity to drive somewhere new at the weekends.  Once over the Severn Bridge leaving Wales behind and into England we could choose a number of new towns, cities and villages to explore.  Places that we could drive too and drive back home in a day.  Places like Bath or Weston Super Mare have already been on our hit list, so has Bristol, but it happens to be one place that we keep returning too likes moths to a flame.  We don't go there for a shopping splurge or to sample the gastronomic delights, though the two places I have eaten at so far have delivered on flavour and value. These have been Turtle Bay and My Burrito.  I've spotted a vegan eatery - Café Kino a not for profit co-operative, but have not had the opportunity to eat there yet.  I hope to do so in the very near future, if not my next visit.    
Anyway, one of the reasons we continue to visit Bristol is for the street art - it's free for consumption.  These photographs were taken by D, a few months back so those of you who live in or frequent this area may know that some of the graffiti art has gone and replaced by new ones.  


I adore this one in particular












These are just a handful of photographs, I hope to share some more over the next few days or at least until I get my cooking mojo back.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these photos, I love a bit of street art. I remember really liking the graffiti when I went to Bristol a couple of years ago, there was so much, and there was a Banksy exhibition on at the museum too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you do, I remember when I posted the Brick Lane ones you commented positively then. I have loads to share, so do come back my young friend.

      Delete
  2. These were awesome! Glad you are getting about and enjoying your explorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks e. Need something to do that doesn't cost lots, but going over the bridge toll is £6, then petrol and then well...you get the jist nothing is really free.

      Delete
  3. So cool, but I wish the taggers hadn't done their thing on the pieces ... I guess that's the deal with graffiti though ... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Susan, but that is unfortunately the nature of it.

      Delete
  4. The street art is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shaheen, hey Bristol looks a groovy place. It's great when you've got a radius of interesting places around you for day trips. The Top Cat art made me smile, I used to love watching TC.
    I've mentioned my aubergine experience on my blog.
    I must check out your Mexican food as I'm a bit behind with blogging and reading. BFN, Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like it Sally. In fact I think I am falling for it, there was a job for chef advertised at Café Kino, I was seriously going to apply for it. but it just would not be viable. I remember watching Top Cat too, made me smile too. I will be over for a blog visit later on today.

      Delete
  6. we often nip to bristol (usually on the train)... and i've eaten a couple of times at cafe kino and it was really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really looking forward to eating at Café Kino, trouble is by the time we get hungry we are far from it. Next time, its on the list first, maybe for breakfast.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You