Sunday, 25 December 2016

vegan Christmas Tree Puff Pastry with Chestnut Mushrooms

I would like wish all my dear blog readers: new and old a very Merry and Happy Christmas.
This is not Christmas Dinner by the way, I made this a couple of days back. 
I garnished the Christmas Tree Puff Pastry platter with some ribbon carrots and Brussels Sprouts baubles and some fresh herbs that blew when we took it out in the garden for a photograph.  
In case your wondering, here is the Christmas Tree in our home with lots of eclectic ornaments hanging from it, including some wooden spoons, hedgehog, Frida Kahlo and a lady in a sari  carrying a pineapple (from a fair trade shop) and finally baby Jesus held by Mary.  The tree went up on the 1st December. 


The filling in this Christmas Tree Puff Pastry can be anything, from ratatouille to curry filling, but I have used Nadine Abensur's Mushroom Wellington filling from The Cranks Bible.   Here's the link that will also take you to Nadine Abensur's website as well.  
For how, I would like to refer you to Vegan Spinz, one of my favourite vegan food bloggers that is no longer blogging or perhaps is just taking 'time out'.  I do miss her blogging, but am thankful that her blog is still accessible as I have had her  Vegan Spinz Christmas Tree blog post bookmarked for a while and am so pleased to finally make it now.  A note though, my Christmas Tree puff pastry were a big more larger to share between 2,  8 inch by 8 inch. 
I am sharing the Christmas Tree Puff Pastry Chestnut Mushrooms with Inheritance Recipes co hosted by Solange at Pebble Soup and Coffee and Vanilla as this Chestnut filling in the puff pastry tree is one I make every year, either for the festive season or when I have a large gathering of friends and family around.  
Other Festive Ideas with Puff Pastry
Christmas Pull Apart Savoury Wreath
Vegan Mincemeat Christmas Tree
Ruby Chard Nut Wellington
Three Seed  Root Vegetable Tartlets 
Mushroom En Croute

19 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas and New Year to you and D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry.Christmas,it.looks.amazing,greetings

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Merry/Happy Christmas to you and your family! I'm so pleased that you are still able to find the time to post your recipes...love them. Wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much for still reading x And a Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too.

      Delete
  4. I hope you are enjoying the festive season and wishing you and D the very best for 2017. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks brilliant and I am glad you showed how to make it as I will have to try this next year - the presentation is really lovely as well and makes me wish we had fresh cranberries any time of year. Hope you had a lovely christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Johanna. Mine were not that perfect, still I was pleased - you can follow the link for better instructions of course. I try to make the most of fresh cranberries, they are sadly not around that long.

      Delete
  6. I used to use my cranks book regularly and it feel out of love in our household. But you have inspired me. thank you for linking to the inheritance recipes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Solange. Its a book on what many modern recipes are built on.

      Delete
  7. These look beautiful. I made mini mushroom strudels this Christmas, but forgot to take a photo! Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I normally miss out on the pictures, but i put these in the freezer when i made the wreath on the day http://allotment2kitchen.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/vegan-chestnut-mushroom-christmas-pull.html so was lucky with the photo, perhaps you can make the strudel again, Happy New Year to you Lisa x

      Delete
  8. Happy (belated) holidays Shaheen!
    Woah! That a is a super fancy pants puff pastry! You did a great job. I love the garnish with the brussels sprouts and carrot ribbons too. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warmly welcomed. Thank you Kimmy.
      I was pleased with this Kimmy, I just wish i had more people around the table to show off my dishes too :( but Thank you, I was pleased with this and it is so easy, do give it a go come Christmas, you can make small individual ones if you have the patience

      Delete
  9. Dang. That is just about too cute! I bet it was super yum, too, but oh--the first one to have to cut into that beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much the filling is very tasty and yes, things of beauty never last - but the memory does.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You