Thursday, 8 December 2016

Purple Pizza

Homemade Pizza!

This is not ordinary pizza, this is a purple pizza made with red cabbage pesto.   Enjoy!
Purple Pizza
Serves 2 - 4
Ingredients
Pizza base (make your own or shop bought)


2 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium red onions, finely sliced (keep some back for the topping)
4 - 6 tablespoons Red Cabbage Pesto
Steamed and sliced broccoli, set aside to cool
Optional cheese or vegan alternative, grated 
Method
In a wide pan, heat the oil and stir int he red onion until tender, then stir in the red cabbage pesto and cook for a few minutes for it to coat to the red onion.
Allow to cool.
On the rolled out pizza base, spread the purple red cabbage pesto.
Layer the broccoli on top
Scatter over the optional: Cheese and the remaining red onions
Bake in oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden.
Slice and serve immediately.

15 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that looks amazing and is going on my to do list - up high on the list! I am posting a recipe with purple cabbage today but it is not at all impressive whereas that pizza made my jaw drop in amazement and excitement. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much Johanna.
      I made another dish with the other half of the red cabbage but it never got photographed. I may have to make it again as it was really tasty and just as colourful as this pizza.
      I will come on over to GGG in a little while.

      Delete
    2. my cabbage dish is nowhere near as impressive looking as yours (it lost its colour after I left it a while) but I think you will be interested to see how I used the rest of the laverbread!

      Delete
    3. I am coming on over now.
      :)

      Delete
  2. Wow - your purple posts / recipes are so vibrant! This looks especially colourful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari. If I had taken a photograph of it after, i def. would have lost that vibrancy.

      Delete
  3. I really love the look of this pizza. I'm getting so hungry now looking at your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks fantastic, a real feast for the eyes as well as the tummy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sue, it made for an interesting change.

      Delete
  5. That is probably the most striking pizza I've ever seen. There is such beauty if vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i have to admit upon cooking it was not very vibrant - but very tasty.

      Delete
    2. Oh, that happens SO often with bright beautiful veggies!

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You