Friday, 9 December 2016

Red Cabbage Purple Potato Salad

Another easy recipe made with the red cabbage pesto.

This time stirred into some Welsh seasonal new potatoes and curly kale from the farmers market.  Delish!
I am sharing this Red Cabbage Purple Potato Salad with Soups, Salads and Sammies hosted by Kahakai Kitchen.  

Red Cabbage Purple Potato Salad
Makes a large bowl. 
Good for a buffet
Ingredients
250g new potatoes (Pembrokeshire Earlies from Blas Y Tir) cooked, drained and allowed to cool


2 tablespoon olive oil
4 - 6 tablespoons Red Cabbage Pesto
Steamed and roughly chopped curly kale, set aside  to cool
Salt and pepper to taste 
Method
In a wide pan, heat the oil and stir in the red cabbage pesto and cook for a few minutes.
Allow to cool.
Add in the new potatoes
Season to taste

Stir well.
Eat at room temperature. 

5 comments:

  1. Love this dish - I really need some of that purple cabbage pesto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Johanna. I hope you make some.

      Delete
  2. This looks so good with special colours! I want to eat it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a delicious salad and I love the colors. Thank you for sharing it with Souper Sundays this week.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You