Friday, 14 October 2016

Late Summer Harvest Pasta Salad

Work has been ridiculously busy that when I get home, I just want to crash out on the soft and when the alarm goes off in the early hours of the morning, I really just want to stick my head under the pillow and ignore it, so I am thankful it is the weekend.

Coming in tired from work has also seen me spend little time in the kitchen, hence the lack of home-made food blog post recently.  I did however manage to make a big bowl of pasta salad with the golden courgettes and cherry tomatoes that I picked on Monday from the garden plot.  
Here is a small bowl full with the smallest courgettes ever....how cute.  I must say I am sad to see the courgettes go, even though they are not the most flavoursome of vegetables, I do love growing them. 

I made this Pasta Salad with the later summer vegetables from the garden.  It was made in advance for our working lunch, enough for two working days.
This is not much of a recipe and much was done to the eye and to taste.  Peeking out beneath the roasted courgettes and chopped tomatoes, spring onions, cucumber and black olive is shell shaped pasta generously seasoned with salt and pepper.  I am sharing this with Healthy Vegan Fridays hosted by Rock My Vegan Socks and V Nutrition; and Tinned Tomatoes  and Lisa from Lisa's Vegetarian Kitchen for this months No Croutons Required.

14 comments:

  1. I think October has been a pretty busy month for many of us. :)
    Your home-cooked meals are always a delight to see!
    Have a great weekend <3

    VEGETARIAN COURTESYFACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adi, sorry for not coming by - like blogging, I have been bad at visiting fellow bloggers blogs, so will come by in a moment. Hope your well.

      Delete
  2. I can definitely empathise with the feeling too tired to cook, much as it pains me. This is such a cheery colourful salad, it would definitely perk me up - especially the mini courgettes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joey,
      today has been lazy but then i feel guilty, as so much housework to do. Hope you get some rest.

      Delete
  3. I can fully relate with the busy work schedule and not getting too much blogging done, but I'm sure we'll both manage just fine. Those tiny courgettes really are cute and this sounds like a very nice pasta salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veghog,
      Yes, I am sure we will both manage - we have to don't we.
      Yeah the tiny courgettes made me smile, they were the last on the last courgette plant that got pulled out last w/e.

      Delete
  4. glad to hear your garden is growing well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gz, not as well as I wish, but better than before and hopefully even better come next year. Hope your well.

      Delete
  5. Oooh those teeny tiny little yellow courgettes are so adorable. This is the cutest salad! Simple, yet satisfying - it sounds great.
    Thanks so much for sharing at healthy Vegan Fridays. I'm pinning & sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree, adorable courgettes.

      Delete
  6. I'm with you, I sometimes don't have the energy to cook when I get home, especially on busy days. This pasta salad is a great idea and very healthy! The tiny veggies look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary Ellen, I made the most of my courgettes this year, even the tiny ones.

      Delete
  7. That sounds like a perfectly satisfying late autumn salad. Thanks for sharing with NCR. I'm a bit late with the roundup this month, but it's coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, Thanks for hosting. I'll be over when its up.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You