Saturday, 8 October 2016

Brighton Pier by day and night

Some of you may remember in September I went away for a short break with D.  We decided not to go overseas this year and instead enjoy what Great Britain had to offer.  Early on in the year we went to Cornwall, this time it was places like as Rye, Eastbourne, Hastings and Derek Jarman's Garden in Dungerness.

One of the other places we visited was Brighton.
D had been there before in his youth, but I was a Brighton virgin,  and was super excited about this part of our holiday trip the most. We stayed in Brighton for three nights to explore what Brighton had to offer and it did not disappoint.  
I have loads of photographs to share, graffiti art, the places we ate at, what we ate, where we stayed, what we did and so so much more, but I start today simply with Brighton Pier and the beach.  We were very fortunate with the weather - the sun shined on all the days we were there. 



The i360 which was closed to the public the days we were there, so we missed out seeing a birds eye view of Brighton.


Iconic West Pier in Brighton
Brighton by night
I am sharing the Brighton by day photograph  with My Sunday Photo hosted by One Dad 3 Girls and this one in the late evening with Sunday Snap hosted by JibberJabber UK.

14 comments:

  1. I'd love to go to brighton - and the pier is so iconic so I loved seeing these photos - will look forward to seeing what you ate as I have heard lots of good stuff about it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna, everything people say about Brighton is true and I loved my time there, i do hope to go there again. It was planned in the past to go to the Vegfest hosted there annually but it never happened, so D did this for me. Lots more Brighton posts coming up.

      Delete
  2. I love piers and my father is a member of the National Piers Society. The two Brighton piers are such a contrast aren't they? I haven't been to Brighton for years so we must pay a visit especially as my husband is into street art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ness, so true and so amazing - the skies were amazing day and night too, hope you get to go again.

      Delete
  3. I have never been to Brighton it looks wonderful. I really must try to visit xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan you must, it really a fabulous place.

      Delete
  4. I haven't been to Brighton for many years, I was a student at Sussex University for a while and we'd head down to Brighton on our days off. That was around 1994!! I don't think I've been since. I love your photos though. #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. So appreciate your comment and glad this brought back some happy memories.

      Delete
  5. Brighton is my favourite. Brilliant photos

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brighton has such a good veggie food offering and I too have been planning going to the Vegfest, but never managed so far. There's also a Nordic pub, Northern Lights, that have some of my favourite Finnish drinks on offer. I can't wait to see your further Brighton posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks VegHog, must warn you have loads of pictures to share - hence the reason for short blog posts. Got another one tonight if your interested to check it out.
      Yeah, Vegfest was the wish to go to Brighton but glad found an excuse to go anyway. Hope you get to go there some day

      Delete
  7. Brighton is completely beautiful! The pier is really gorgeous.
    Your night pictures are really great - you captured things really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kimmy, some of the pics are many some are my husbands - we have a lot more so share!

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You