Sunday, 5 June 2016

Vegan Chocolate Banana Bundt Cake

As mentioned in a previous blog post, I made this rather big vegan Chocolate Banana Bundt cake last weekend when I had my nephews over to help me and D in the garden. 
Only thing was, when it came time to eating it, they both said they were too full for a slice.  So other than taking a quarter for ourselves.  I divided the cake in two and packed it for them both to take home and share with their respective families and friends.  
Its quite chocolaty, but the hidden banana comes through quite strong too.  Its a very moist cake and reminded me a little of chocolate gateau sponge.  I think this cake would benefit from a dollop of cream or even ice-cream. 



Vegan Chocolate Banana Cake with Chocolate Chips
You will need 1 large Bundt tin, grease lightly with some oil
Serves 12 and more depending on the size of the slices
425g plain flour
75g cocoa powder
11/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
180g golden caster sugar
3 banana's mashed
400ml soy milk
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
200ml vegetable oil
Optional: 1 x packet of vegan chocolate chipsMethod
Sieve the dry ingredients first over a large bowl, then stir in the sugar. 
In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients,
First stir in the mashed banana into the dry ingredients, then carefully pour the liquid into the dry ingredients.
Due to the addition of bananas - PLEASE NOTE YOU MAY NOT NEED TO USE ALL OF THE LIQUID 
Stir in the chocolate chips is using and combine well. 
Then pour the cake batter and scrape into the Bundt tin.  
Transfer to preheated oven and bake at gas mark 4/180oC for 45 minutes to up to an hour  or until a toothpick comes out clean. 
Allow to cool completely before releasing from tin.
Optional dusting of icing sugar.
Serve as you wish.  
Best decorated the following day.
I am sharing some of these pictures Sunday Snap hosted by JibberJabber UK for Sunday Snap; and My Sunday Photo hosted by One Dad 3 Girls.

I am also sharing this Chocolate Banana Bundt Cake with Casa Costello for Bake of the Week. 

36 comments:

  1. Oh my word that looks so yummy and delicious.

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the skinny bird! The cake sounds yummy too #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will come by and repay the compliment too.

      Delete
  3. Yumm, looks delicious, I am actually in the middle of making some cakes with mum now, they are just in the oven, Clio lending a helping hand for Coombe Mill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will come by and repay the compliment.

      Delete
  4. I'm sure as a child I would always have had room for cake! This looks and sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, one of them did eventually go for a small piece, but when he got home I am sure he had a bigger piece - i think they were being polite in front of us.

      Delete
    2. Love the cake and the bird too! We were in Newport last month...no Hunkydory...must have missed something....

      Delete
    3. Hi gz, I thought you knew. http://allotment2kitchen.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/end-of-culinary-chapter.html
      I do sometimes wonder if it was worth it in the larger scheme of things?! But I learned a tremendous lot along the way.

      Delete
    4. and made many friends...and shared some great food!

      Delete
  5. Do you think this cake would work as well in a standard loaf tin? It looks fab, but I don't have a bundt tin.

    Stephanie Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie, Yes it would be 2 x 1lb loaf tins or 2 x 8 inch round cake tins that you could sandwich with a buttercream !

      Delete
  6. Wow...Yum! The problem I have with most desserts is that they are too sweet. Have you ever used stevia in place of sugar? Will try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks e. This one is not that sweet honest. I haven't used stevia in cooking as of yet, though I do have some at home. I will have to try it one day

      Delete
  7. It looks beautiful. I must get a bundt tin. Where did you get yours from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, its gorgeous thanks to the Bundt tin. I got mine many years ago when I lived in Glasgow, Scotland. It was expensive. I got it from Lakeland.

      Delete
  8. That looks amazing! I LOVE the bird ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks beautiful! The bundt pan makes it so pretty. I love the sound of the gateau type texture too! I need to make this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joey, i agree - without the pan, it would be quite plain and simple looking.

      Delete
  10. I've now put my hand on SeaSpaghetti and hope to be inspired some more when are you joining #inheritancerecipes again. May be with this bundt cake, your nephews might want to recipe as well as eat their cake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to see what you do with your SeaSpaghetti Solange.
      :) I hope to join in again this month, perhaps with my vegan Vegtable sushi that I learned to make with my best friend Leah. x

      Delete
  11. The bird in your pics really makes me smile! Can't believe anyone would decline a piece of that masterpiece - Looks wonderfully rich. Thanks for joining in with #BakeoftheWeek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it does make a simple cake look glorious indeed.

      Delete
  12. Looks so yummy! #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
  13. A bundt tin always makes a cake look extra glam, it's like a little black dress for cakes! Thanks for joining in with #BAKEoftheWEEK !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Sarah, a bundt tin can make the plainest of cakes the Wow-factor. And thank you, its always a pleasure joining in.

      Delete
  14. This is so pretty and I really like the bird as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always like to see the sight of a Bundt cake! A great way to use up some use unloved bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks amazing Shaheen. Always good to have a moist and reliable vegan chocolate cake up your sleeve..... This looks perfect. I wonder if I could de-gluten it??!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, I don't see why not - you can only try.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You