Monday, 20 June 2016

Strawberries and Roses

To those of you who came by last week, I did say come back and I would show you some progress, except - its been very wet and I do not wish to go and take photographs in the rain, but here are some that D managed to take a couple of days back when it was overcast.
 I harvested the first fruit of the year from the garden, some homegrown strawberries, These were hidden amongst the invasive mint and weeds.  I know I will have to be quick pickign these as I will be fighting the birds and the slugs for them. 
Some stunning red roses that are filling the trellis that I shared last week in the patio area where the birds come to feed.
 Some white delicate rose petals flapping in the breeze like dove wings.
 I got tempted and picked one to accompany my White Coconut Bliss Balls aka Ladoos.
 The yellow roses are just about to bloom.  
And finally, the last of the bolted Rainbow Swiss chard.  I have made some furhter progress, but hope that I will be able to share it with you next week.  I am sharing this short post with Harvest Monday hosted by Dave over Our Happy Acres.  

10 comments:

  1. I'm pleased to see you have some lovely ripe strawberries to pick, mine even with all the straw under them are not fairing well in this soggy weather.

    Angela - Garden Tea Cakes and Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela, just picked some more. Not many as last year, but still better than none. Hope you get to harvest your own soon

      Delete
  2. Those roses are simply beautiful! The strawberries are lovely too, and I hope the slugs let you eat them first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous roses! I trimmed back a very overgrown rose bush a few weeks ago that I found hidden behind some overgrown shrubs (notice a theme here?? :) They bloomed this week and they are also a vibrant red...what a great burst of unexpected colour in that spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what a bonus. The colours and scent is just fantastic.

      Delete
  4. Really vibrant and lovely photos...I rarely buy strawberries here as they are heavily treated with pesticides. I hope you can enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you. Shared some with the birds, and some we enjoyed today with some vanilla ice-cream.

      Delete
  5. Wow! You have all of that growing in your backyard? That's amazing. I do not have a green thumb. As a matter of fact, my thumb is very brown as I tend to just kill things when I try to take care of them. Poor plants. I really admire you for your beautiful gardens =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimmy, had I been organised there would have been much much more, but sadly not - its something though.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You