Sunday, 12 June 2016

Merthyr and Pant Station

We went to the Welsh town called Merthyr Tydfil yesterday.
We stumbled upon the Chilli Festival.  I wish it wasn't so early, as I did not have an appetite and as much as I love my chillies even my eyes were not ready for feasting.  
Also I didn't have my camera with me, so am sharing some pictures from last year when we walked through the High Street.  Maybe next year I will be organised and make more of a day of it in Merthyr Tydfil's Chilli Festival. 
That day, we went a little further and visited The Brecon Mountain Railway which ran from Pant Station near Merthyr which is featured in the top picture (bottom left).
Here are some photographs from that day.

Here is a view from the inside - sitting on the vintage steam locomotive.  Full steam ahead!

The vintage steam locomotive runs the full length of the Pontsticill Reservoir to Torpantau high in the Brecon Beacons. 
 Then a walk around The Steam Museum. 
Finally a walk around Pontsticill Reservoir  which can be quite spectacular. 
I am sharing some of these pictures with My Sunday Photo hosted by One Dad 3 Girls.


  1. It looks like a wonderful day out. Hope you had fun

    Thank you for linking up

    1. Thank you so much, I do enjoy joining in and seeing what other bloggers contribute too.

  2. Looks like you had an amazing day xx, Clio lending a helping hand for Coombe Mill

    1. Thanks, it was a while back, but i do remember enjoying it.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You