Tuesday, 20 October 2015

Sweet Potato, Pepper and Greens Galette

Autumnal reds and coppers - so pretty.

I made these sweet potato, pepper and kale in a paprika galette last month for Vegan Month. 
The galette is filled with a little bit of Cavolo nero aka black Tuscan kale from my garden.   These were the only stems from my garden that had not been transformed into shredded green 'lace' by the ferocious white cabbage butterflies. 
I decided to add some smoked paprika to the galette pastry so that it gave it that faint copper like colouring.  I have done this in the past with turmeric and even spirulina powder, so it also imparts a little flavour too.  The individual galettes are quite substantial like a tartlet, but were served with a side of green salad, though a salad of Quinoa or mixed beans would have been most welcome too. 
I am sharing this with Karen and Janie for their Bonfire Night/Halloween edition of Tea Time Treats and also Jennifer at My Blissful Journey who is hosting Vegan Midweek Munchies and Vegan Yofo.
Here is a close up of the caramelised onion base enhanced with red and yellow peppers, sweet potato and black Tuscan kale 

22 comments:

  1. Oh my that looks tasty. Yummmmy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour Madame Galette ! Lol
    They all look stunning and I'm convinced that the flavours are pretty awesome too.
    I'll soon try out one of your recipes. Promise. xxx...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonsoir Madame Patricia.
      So pleased you like, thank you so much - ps I didn't have any galettes in France this time round, plenty of quiche and baguettes!

      Delete
  3. Look lovely - I tried a galette tonight that was ok but needs a little work - I love the idea of a little colour to the pastry - do you have the recipe somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Johanna,
      Here is the link to the recipe that I was playing with, I am happy with it now, It was all plain flour this time round, but you can add in some spelt or wholemeal if you wish. Plus 1/2 teaspoon paprika, up to you if you want it smoked.
      http://allotment2kitchen.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/vegan-black-pudding-and-sweet-potato.html

      Delete
  4. Hi Shaheen, I can only look at your lovely food and drool right now as the oven is off, must get it back on soon! Hey I just wanted to thank you for the good vibes and wishes with our house project :) x Hopefully when I get re-established and settled next year I can keep in touch more as I've been a rubbish online buddy this year. All the best for now, S xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so Welcome Sally, and I completely understand. I look forward to hearing from you whenever you have time, but please don't stop blogging, even if its once a month, I'd love to read and keep up to date with your new upcoming adventure - genuinely and so so excited and happy for you x

      Delete
  5. I love cavolo nero - and the fact that it's homegrown too is even better. The galettes really look like the type of food autumn is made for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joey.I wasn;t that keen on it when I had it for the first time, but now I grow it. Yum, more textual.

      Delete
  6. A truly amazing inspiring tasty recipe! Another must try for,sure!
    MMMMMMMM8

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only delicious, but also very picturesque, I see :)
    Have a Beautiful Day, Shaheen!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sometimes its not easy to take pictures of food, but these are interesting for sure than the more posed shots

      Delete
  8. YUMMO!!! Thanks for linking up, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That looks so great! I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You