Monday, 12 October 2015

Chipotle Chilli Sweetcorn Soup

I am back from my holidays and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there, but like all holidays it comes to an end.  I have lots of photographs to share, but that will have to wait till later in the week.  

Today I share with you this Chipotle Chilli Sweetcorn Soup.
This soup may look a tad simple on the visual side, but the bold flavours totally blew me away.



Sweetness and bite from the sweetcorn, punch and fragrance from the coriander, there was also smokiness from the chipotle chile and a distinct fresh tarragon like flavour from the epazote, a little aniseed like.  
Had I not rediscovered my Cool Chile Co jars of Chipotle Chile powder and Epazote, I would not have made this recipe, it was very timely and very Very Good.    I am sharing this with  No Croutons Required hosted this month by Lisa's Kitchen. and Jac at Tinned Tomatoes. 
Chipotle Chilli Sweetcorn Soup
Serves 4
Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon dried epazote leaves or 1 sprig or tarragon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon chile chipotle powder
400g sweetcorn, fresh or frozen
400ml vegetable stock
Salt to taste
Small bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
Method
In a wide pan, heat the oil then stir in the onions until beginning to soften then add the garlic and cook until soft.  Then stir in the spices, along with the sweetcorn, sweat on high heat for a few minutes before stirring in the stock, bring to the boil.  Then turn down the heat and cook slowly for  a few minutes or until the stock begins to reduce.
Stir in the coriander and serve immediately.
Inspired and adapted from Stevie Parle's Dock Kitchen Cookbook. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so so much Amy. Hope to join in this Friday...hopefully (back to work this week and its been manic)

      I think people are having problems commenting on my blog, esp. those with wordpress. I will have to monitor this.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You