Friday, 23 October 2015

Crafty Friday

A few weeks back, we went to Gloucester.  We stopped.  I like these vintage fruit and vegetable jars, I have a number - but no purchasing of them as I have a number of my own including beetroot when I made beetroot hash and crying onion showcased when I made White Broccoli Risotto, so these were for admiring only. 
I saw this up-cycled bottle with a peacock and little gems at a rural craft market in this corner of Wales.  I was so close to treating myself to it, but resisted.   A little part of me regrets its, a big part doesn't as I had no place to put it in my home. 
Once a week, in my lunch hour I visit Healthy Planet - Books for Free, I have come back with a number of (cook-) books (and did the good deed and donated some too).  I will share with you some books added to my burgeoning  bookshelf, but it was this up-cycled book that caught my attention - if you look close - READ.  This was made by one of their volunteers, very cool. 
At one of the rural craft markets I saw this fabric bag with stitched vegetable and fruit names in appropriate colours, funny thing, I just can't work out what the blue or purple one is - any ideas? 
And finally my own little creation that was consumed.  I made this Rose Cake.  It was my second time at sugar crafting, I've made a snowman with earmuffs before, but making flowering rose petals was a little more fiddly.  Not one for top marks, but I tried.  The icing I would do again, but the sugar crafting, well I need a lot more practice, but the cake was lovely.
I am sharing this with y Amy at Love Made My Home , she hosts Five on Fridays, please do pope on over and see what other bloggers have shared.

22 comments:

  1. I loved the peacock bottle what a delight! Your cake looked delicious and I was quite impressed with the sugar work, it looked very professional. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The peacock bottle is gorgeous, totally agree. Thank you re the cake, your kind!

      Delete
  2. I love those vegetable pots. I have the pickled onion and celery one. The bookshop sounds like a great idea. We've just returned from our holiday in Harlech and loved it so much that we have booked to go back at New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are unusual. Ah and you have some, says something about your character for sure. I have 3 as well. So glad you liked Harlech, hope you will share some pictures.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed your Five, you found some unusual items. Have a good weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely happy moments! The cake looks beautiful, especially the roses! You did far better than I would have. The word looks like ribbon to me, but I am not sure as it doesn't go with the other words does it! Those folded books are clever aren't they, must take a lot of time! Thank you for joining Five On Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy, I hope to join in again next week for sure x
      I agree the word looks like ribbon to me too and it doesn;t make sense, but hey ho. The folded books are awesome, they are having one made into a Christmas tree, i will get a pic of that soon too.

      Delete
  5. That cake looks very pretty - well done. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cake!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love those condiment jars! I've never seen any before. And your cake is gorgeous! I used to decorate cakes, and I think you did an incredible job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The condiment jars are very retro and very coo, if you like that kind of thing, I know some people would find them horrid, but i think they unusual. PS Your very kind Marie, re the cake, but I do appreciate it

      Delete
  8. Love those veggie/fruit jars. So Cute!! And I adore the up-cycled book. I would love to have that in my "library". I am absolutely no help with the mystery of the word in blue! Your cake is spectacular. I have the utmost respect for those who have talent in this area. You did a beautiful job! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, yes they are and the up cycled book is awesome. Amy thinks the word is Ribbon, which is what it looks to me, but it doesn't match the theme, never mins. Your kind about the cake, thank you.

      Delete
  9. Goodness me only second time at sugar crafting!?!? Your cake is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you eclectichomelife.
      You are very very kind. I super concentrated, but I haven't returned to it yet, maybe I will come Christmas

      Delete
  10. This is like a dream for me! I used to love the fruit and vegetable jars that my mom owned when I was little. :)
    And the cake looks amazing! I think the roses came out perfect.<3

    Vegetarian CourtesyCheese with Papas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adi, your lovely.
      Maybe one day you can start your own little collection x

      Delete
  11. Love those fruit & veggie jars! What a great collection that would be with all those little faces smiling and grinning. The "read" book is fascinating. I can't think what the blue word is ... what food is blue except grapes, blueberries?! I hate these little mysterious. Your cake looks amazing! and what a cute design as a hat. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you. Yeah the blue word is puzzling, amy thinks its Ribbon and I agree,but it doesn't fit with the others.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You