Thursday, 1 January 2015

Eat Your Greens Round Up #7

Welcome to 'Eat Your Greens' Round Up  #7.    This is a monthly vegetarian cooking challenge for food bloggers to make something with a green vegetable each month.  
The first recipe comes from Janet at The Taste Space.  Janet shares with us a dish that contains a very seasonal ingredient - the little cabbages, also known as the humble Brussels Sprouts. We have a Brussels Spouts and Sweet Potato coated in a sweet glaze of balsamic vinegar and maple syrup.  For those of you who like your sprouts, why not give this a go as an accompaniment to your next meal. 
As Eat Your Greens rules state, only one entry per blogger, but as its the festive season I have permitted this time to allow Janet to share another green dish. This time she shares with us a Green Soup with Edamame.  This is a fragrant broth enhanced with cinnamon, cumin and ginger and bulked up with lots of good vegetables, including broccoli, greens like kale or collards, edamame beans and shredded nori. Looking at this bowl, just makes me feel good. 
The Veg Hog brings to the table a rather comforting Brussels Sprouts dish.  She share with us a Brussels Spouts and Potato Bake doused with herbs and spices and then coated in melted cheese, I think even I could eat this one, quite happily in fact.  
Helen from Family-Friends-Food shares with us  Winter Root and Brussels Tops Stir Fry.  I so agree with Helen. 'Brussels greens are under-rated', in fact I prefer them so much more to the little cabbage sprouts  looks .  This is a stir-fry dish to be served with noodles, but I think I would enjoy just as much with plain white rice too.  I also love the addition of black sesame seeds, 
Next we have a hearty dish composed of many different vegetables such as Cauliflower, Asparagus, Radish and Mushrooms and enhanced further with spices.  This recipe comes from Sudha Neelam who blog over at Spicy, Quirky and Serendipity.  The green here comes from the chopped asparagus.  
Caroline from Caroline Makes shares with us a rather crisp, flaky vegan Vegetable Parcel.  This filo parcel would look great on any festive plate surrounded by all the trimmings.  The Vegetable Parcel is packed with loadsa vegetables including the leggy asparagus.
We have another filo pastry recipe, this one comes from Laura at How To Cook Good Food. Laura shares with us Christmas Vegetable Strudel,  This one is filled with green vegetables such as sprouts, spinach and leeks, glammed up further with cranberries and cheese. Would you like a slice?! I would.   
Johanna from Green Gourmet Giraffe presented to us with a rather stunning and inviting dish of Zucchini Flowers with Rice.  This dish would certainly adorn any table and serve as a fantastic centre-piece to get the juices flowing.  But this dish takes time, Johanna wrote that  stuffing the courgette flowers was a bit of a palaver, I would agree with her but eating this dish would be absolutely no problem for me, even if little Sylvia was being fussy with it.
And finally from Ros at The More Than Occasional we have a rather colourful festive Broccoli and Red Pepper Quiche. I wish more festive buffet tables had Quiches like this to delight vegetarians like me.  I would dive in without hesitation and take my fair share or should I say slice!
Thank you so, so much to everyone who shares their green eats.  If you would like to share your #Eat Your Greens recipes for January, then please follow this link for details on how to participate.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely selection of green recipes again! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Veg Hog. Look forward to see what you share with us for January.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Shaheen.
    May you have lots of happiness and great health.
    May your blogging flourish.
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chandra. I am hoping it will be kinder than the past few years, need something to uplift our spirits.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You