Friday, 2 January 2015

Vegetable Palette: Christmas and Festive Vegetables Round Up #6

Welcome to December 2014 Round up of 'The Vegetable Palette: natures colours - natures goodness''.  The theme for December was Christmas and Festive Vegetables.   
The fist entry comes from Kate - the Gluten Free Alchemist, she brings to the table a Real Vegetable Mish Mash Bowl of Soup.  So-called because it can be made with any left-over vegetable: raw or cooked.  It is filling, thick, wholesome and warming.  Perfect for the season and would make a lovely starter to any meal this time of year.  
Johanna from Green Gourmet Giraffe shares with us Miso Harissa Roasted Pumpkin. I am quite curious about this roasted vegetable dish, as I have never had miso and harissa combined. Johanna describes the  pumpkin wedges as soft melting flesh with crispy skin.  I have to admit they look good. 
Helen from Family-Friends-Food shares with us  Winter Root and Brussels Tops Stir Fry.  I so agree with Helen. 'Brussels greens are under-rated', in fact I prefer them so much more to the little cabbage sprouts  looks .  This is a stir-fry dish to be served with noodles, but I think I would enjoy just as much with plain white rice too.  I also love the addition of black sesame seeds, 
Gayathri from Spices Galore shares with us a jewelled Pomegranate - Pine Nut Pilaf, but what is more interesting here is her accompaniment of Cauliflower Pineapple Curry, an unusual yet intriguing combination and one that I am willing to try some day.  

From Ros at The More Than Occasional Baker we have a rather colourful festive Broccoli and Red Pepper Quiche. I wish more festive buffet tables had Quiches like this to delight vegetarians like me.  I would dive in  with my fork without hesitation and take my fair share or should I say rather large slice!
We have a  festive filo pastry recipe from Laura at How To Cook Good Food. Laura shares with us Christmas Vegetable Strudel,  This one is filled with lots  of vegetables such as sprouts, spinach and leeks, enhanced further with red jewels in the form of edible cranberries and if that was not enough, she goes and puts cheese in it.  Rich.   
Caroline from Caroline Makes also shares with us a filo pastry recipe.  This one is a crisp, flaky vegan Vegetable Parcel.  This filo parcel would look great on any festive plate surrounded by all the trimmings.  The Vegetable Parcel is packed with lots of vegetables including butternuts squash, mushrooms, courgette and the tall handsome asparagus.
And finally, I've decided to make an exception, as only one entry per blogger is permitted for this challenge, but as this was the only Sweet contribution to Vegetable Palette, I have decided to include it.  Caroline also shares wit us her Less Sinful Mince Pies made with cranberries.  I could really eat one now, but would you believe me if I told you that Caroline never tried one herself - I know shocker, I couldn't resist.  
I would like to thank everyone for their contributions.  If you would like to participate in the Vegetable Palette, then please follow this link on how to participate - the theme is Feel Good Vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You