Saturday, 11 October 2014

Vegan Barbecue 'Butter' Spread

I've been making sandwiches for work, and I have to admit I have been getting a little bored with the plain filling.  I like a little flavour kick in the mouth, so was inspired to make some home-made vegan butter enhanced with some Barbecue Sauce Extra Hot Habenero; it was really really good.  It really made for interesting eating and tasty sandwiches - in fact my tongue was dancing in my mouth from the spice heat from the sauce.  Lovely.

I've also spread this dark, smoky hot BBQ Sauce 'Butter' on toast and bagels.
I must add, its not the melty kind of 'butter' that you put on hot toast and it melts, no this is the spreading kind of butter, I guess a bit like peanut butter.   And my oh my, it spreads beautifully too, not claggy and lumpy, but if your looking for a plainer vegan 'butter' recipe check out this link



I have made this recipe with cashew nuts, but I am sure it will also work with other kinds of nuts, like peanuts, hazelnuts and Brazil nuts.  
Other BBQ flavoured recipes
BBQ Purple Kale Crisps
Vegan BBQ Beetroot Seitan 'Steaks)

Vegan Barbecue/BBQ Butter Spread
Makes a small jar, about 160g
Ingredients
160g cashew nuts (optional soaked overnight)
4 - 6 tablespoons home-made or shop-bought BBQ sauce  (I used Jack Daniels Extra Hot Habenero; and/or BBQ Sauce Smooth Original
Method
In a wide mouth food processor (or Optimum 9400 Blender) whizz up the two ingredients.
If the mixture is too thick, stir in a teaspoon or two of water into the mix then whizz again, then transfer the smooth BBQ 'butter' to an airtight jar.  
Keep refrigerated.
Best used within a couple of weeks. 

4 comments:

  1. ...sure looks yummy!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had to say Barbecue! I need to buy some cashews and bbq sauce now! I'd love to know how this tastes.

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you get to try it some day soon, its been described as 'Badass' recently by someone who made it and LOVED it!

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You