Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Roasted Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Wraps

In the past I have usually skipped breakfast and gone straight to lunch, but with the early hours I have recently been enjoying a light breakfast, either porridge or pieces of toast, but it is lunch time that I look forward too.  

I have mostly been having sandwiches for work, and I have to admit I have been getting a little bored with the plain filling, so the BBQ butter that I made recently was delightful, but sometimes its not sandwiches, its a pasta salad or today, it was Roast Sweet Potato with Red Pepper Wraps.  These were nice, but I think they would have benefited with a touch of soured cream. 
I am trying to make my lunch box interesting, a bit like keeping a child's lunch box interesting and must remember not to fill it with too many carbs, as I do sometimes have a bag of crisps too, I need some fruit there too.  I am pretty good with either an apple a day, or banana, but D is not so good, so he has been getting a small tub of dried fruit and nuts instead. 

What's been in your lunch box recently?
I am sharing this post with Deb at Kahakai Kitchen for this weeks Souper (Soup, Salad and Sammies) Sundays afterall, wraps are the new sandwich these days.

8 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of wraps, in general. I think they often have the wrong proportion of bread to filling (though yours look as if they don't suffer from that!). I don't take a lunchbox to work, but I do always have a mid-morning snack of dried fruit to keep me going till lunchtime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark, I know what you mean = there have been times when I thought too much rich filling not enough wrap, but this does make a change from bread. I've recently found a good local baker who makes good granary bread, so pleased. I buy artisan bread too, but that is a treat from the farmers market. I have also started having some dried fruit, but its been mostly raisins and nuts, need to change that. Thank you so much for your comment, I always appreciate them. x

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a nice lunch - I am not doing fantastically with lunch - sometimes I manage a salad sandwich but sometimes it is just peanut butter sandwich if I get distracted with other stuff. I like some variety but I do put less energy into lunch than dinner. Though unlike you I must have breakfast or the day has not begun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna. It was. I like peanut butter, but on bagels. There is a toaster in work, so may opt for that some days. I have to say, I am starting to tuck into porridge and muesli, but not as much as I should.

      Delete
  3. Good to see someone eats a really healthy lunch! I should really get more organised. All too often I end up stuck at my desk and eating very unhealthily. I do love sweet potato though and these wraps looks yum. I agree the addition of soured cream would be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate, ; ) Its not always healthy, I do eat bad food on days, get tempted by a cake now and again. But I have to say we are being a lot more organised with lunching, saves on some pounds over the working week.

      Delete
  4. This looks like a hearty and satisfying lunch wrap. I like the sound of that BBQ butter too. ;-) Thanks for sharing with Souper Sundays. It's always nice to have you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Deb. Hope to participate a bit more, as the winter season creeps up, there will be more soup too.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You