Thursday, 30 October 2014

Round Up Eat Your Greens #5

Welcome to Eat Your Greens Round Up  #5.    This is a monthly vegetarian cooking challenge for food bloggers.  
The  'Eat Your Greens'  challenge was launched a few months ago. The  idea behind 'Eat Your Greens' is really simple, to make something with a green vegetable each month.  
The first recipe comes from Linsy Patel from Home Cooked Food with a Pesto Pasta with Grilled Vegetables.   The pesto is made with the soft fragrant herb basil.  
We have another pesto infused dish, this time it comes from Rachel Cotterill.  Rachel shares her home-made Courgette and Mushroom Pesto Pie filled with chestnut mushrooms and baby sweetcorn.
Janet from The Taste Space shares with us a beautifully presented dish of Lemon-Miso Macro Bowl with Miso Braised Swiss Chard and Lemon Chickpea Dressing.  Just looking at this bowl makes me feel all virtuous, but I'd be more happy actually tucking into the brown rice, yes I like brown rice (shame I don't eat it as much), lemony chickpea spread to enhance it further and for more crunch and bite the lemon-miso braised chard. I should try and make this for my working lunch.  Real goodness in a bowl. 
And finally, a beautiful and decadent green Kale Cake  with cream cheese frosting comes from Johanna of Green Gourmet Giraffe.  Yes, I said 'Kale' in a cake.  I think me and Johanna are on the same wavelength, as I have also had this gorgeous recipe bookmarked, its just nice to see that it can be made at home. 

Thank you to Linsy, Rachel, Janet  and Johanna for their green eat recipes.  If you would like to share your #Eat Your Greens recipes for November, then please follow this link for details on how to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You