Thursday, 8 January 2009

Blue potatoes or Purple potatoes?


Last year, I grew these potatoes in my garden in big ceramic pots given to us by Ds Dad. They are called Edzell Blue and are a floury potato. I admit I wanted to grow them more for novelty factor.
When dug up, they were more purple than blue and looked fantastic. They were also a bit on the small size.
Will I grow edzell blue potatoes again? No. I did not find them versatile in the kitchen. On cooking, the potatoes lost their colour, turning a dull grey rather than retaining their vibrant colour.
This won't stop me from growing other colourful varieties if they they take my fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You