Monday, 12 January 2009

Spaghetti with spiced chickpeas

Todays evening meal is about being quick, especially after a long day at work. And as we are low on fresh allotment vegetables, I have to rely on my well stocked pantry, or in my case a cupboard that doubles up as a pantry which is stocked with lots of good diverse ingredients: flours, tins, dried pulses and lentils, jars of homemade pickles and sauces.

So what inspires me today, it has to be warm and not too time consuming. I pick up a tin tomato, tin of chickpeas and spaghetti pasta. I’ve seen recipes where lentils are used as a pasta sauce, so why not chickpeas with some South Asian spices, such as cumin, chilli flakes and turmeric. The result was - a plateful of Spaghetti with spiced chickpeas.

D declared it delicious. I thought it was too, just a bit on the heavy side, like a chip butty – bread roll filled with chips, but it sure was good.

2 comments:

  1. I hope my photos will improve too, like yours did. Though this one is still a good, mouth-watering one if you ask me! (which you probably shouldn't since I'm no expert at photos, hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so kind Sumaiyyah.
    They will - I assure you.
    A good camera helps too. We were gifted with one as a belated Wedding present from both set of parents.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You