Sunday, 4 January 2009

Winter digging - I now know why!

We went over to the allotment today for a few hours to do some digging, but the soil was hard from the frost to penetrate, so we focused our attention on cleaning Hut 45.

The allotment is not looking so pretty, but it is still producing - we still have brussel sprouts, jerusalem artichokes, rainbow swiss chard, beetroot, parsnip, carrots, curly kale,purple sprouting broccoli and cabbage, I can't remember whether its January King or Savoy, anyway these are still growing.

I picked a cabbage for todays meal, and some curly kale leaves and enough sprouts for a meal for two later in the week.

This photo above is of the meal I cooked from the cabbage. Cabbage dolmades stuffed with spicy yellow lentils served with plain white basmati rice. It's a bit labout intensive, but the result was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You