Monday, 19 January 2009

About Homecoming Scotland

You may already know this, but in case you don't - In Scotland, 2009 marks the 250th anniversary of Robert Burns' birth and is the inspiration behind the year of Homecoming. The tag line to encourage Scots abroad and tourists to visit Scotland reads "Come home to the home of Burns in 2009 and celebrate his life and work at one of the many Burns-related events during the year".

As a long-term resident in Scotland (just over 10 years in fact). I will be celebrating Burns Night by having a Vegetarian Burns Supper this Sunday. It's the one time in the year I eat haggis, that's vegetarian haggis by the way. And guess what I don't mind it at all.

Also, please forgive me for uploading old photos of my allotment plot, but there is a reason. Honest. I should have started blogging a couple of years ago. But I was timid, and not sure about how to go into blogging world. I thought it was going to be too technical, too time consuming and most of all complicated. However, it’s been smooth sailing so far and you have all been kind visiting now and again.

So the uploading of old images is my attempt, to try and quickly bring you all up to speed before the 2009 allotment2kitchen adventures begin at Plot 45. So I hope I am forgiven?

By the way, there will be sprouts on my dinner plate tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You