Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Garlic - Chilli Kale and Butternut Squash Spaghetti

I love the voluptuous shape of the butternut squash.  I often describe it as the curvy red head of the vegetable world.  I also love the wrinkles and crinkles of the curly kale, so it excites me when I can bring these two together as they would make a perfect combination like strawberries and cream.  

The last recipe with this combination was my Butternut, Kale and Sweetcorn Stew, This evening its a far more simpler recipe of Kale and Butternut Squash Spaghetti dish, but there is no compromise on flavour, this dish warms you all over and that's even before you tucked in.
This is essentially Spaghetti Pasta Aglio, Olio e Peperonicino or chilli flakes dressed up further with butternut squash ribbons and shredded kale.   
It was a  relatively simple quick delicious meal and just what we both wanted after a long slow day at work.   
Now I am off to laze.  
Enjoy the rest of your day, I am really tired. 
Goodnight.  

8 comments:

  1. Oh my...that sounds so good..I love ALL of the components...

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa. It was rather good.

      Delete
  2. I love this dish! Pasta and squash go very well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butternuts are the only ones we grow these days. They're our favorites. So much flesh for so few seeds, smooth skinned and easy to peel. And tasty! And pretty, too! I would LOVE this dish. It combines so many of my favorite things. Matt said we need to eat up more of our squash in storage--we'll have to make a spin-off of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand why you would just grow these, they are quite versatile even in cakes! I hope you get to make a spin off of these, and enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. This looks delicious. I love roasting a whole butternut squash in cubes then using it in various dishes throughout the week. Perfect for two people.. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a fab idea Louise, I love that idea - wish I could be more organised though, would make work lunches easy.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You