Saturday, 5 December 2015

Turmeric Cream New Potatoes

Yes, I know the colours appearing on my blog are a bit in your face , but honestly its not been intentional on my part it just happens that the dishes I have been making want to show off.  Such as the Black Sesame Seed Butter and my various Beetroot Curries, and now Atomic Yellow new potatoes described this way by my husband.  
I would describe these shockingly yellow potatoes as Dauphinoise style potatoes coated in a rich cream turmeric sauce.   Although not necessary, I think it needed a bit more substance, so I stirred in some veggie meatballs and I was pleasantly pleased with the way the whole dish turned out.  All that was required was some greens on the side to tone down that yellow glow warming your face.



I hope to make the Turmeric Cream again and in place of the new potatoes, it will be pasta. 
I am sharing this with Tinned Tomatoes for Meat Free Mondays.
Turmeric Cream New Potatoes and 'Meatballs'
Serves 4 - 6 with accompaniments 
Ingredients
900g new potatoes, washed well 
Optional: Ready-made veggie 'meatballs' (or use Suma Sosmix and follow instructions, then form into meatballs and quickly pan fry in hot oil just to seal the outer coating.  Set aside) 
300ml double cream 
3 teaspoons Suma ground turmeric
Handful of herbs - parsley or mint
Salt and pepper to taste
Method
Boil the new potatoes in their skins until tender.  Drain .  
When cool, remove the skin. 
In a large shallow casserole dish, pour in the double cream and stir in the ground turmeric and herbs until well combined. 
Then stir the potatoes and meatballs' into the turmeric cream .
Season with salt and pepper.
Put in a preheated oven to gas mark4/180oc for 30 - 45 minutes or until just golden on top and bubbling.  
Serve with Greens.
Inspired by Lesley Waters Cooler Than Chillies

4 comments:

  1. ...so bright, pretty and yummy looking!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have no doubt that you could make this vegan.

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious & a fabulous use for some of the new potatoes I still have in storage - the meatball addition is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like if you do make them Margaret, but they were pretty unctuous!

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You