Monday, 14 December 2015

Kale Kissed Pasta with Purple Flower Sprouts

This Big bowl of green pasta was very nice.  The hazelnut and kale pesto clung onto the pasta like a bean pod protecting and clinging onto the peas and beans inside.  

We had a big bowl of this Kale and Hazelnut Pesto Pasta twice, once in the evening and second - the following day for lunch.   
For those of you who are unfamiliar with Purple Flower Sprouts as I was a couple of weeks back, they are a hybrid of Brussels Sprouts and Kale.    
Forgive me for a short post, but I feel a little sniffly today, so I am signing off a little early so I can get an early night - I didn't sleep so well last night. 



Again hardly a recipe, but here goes.
Green Bowl of Pasta
Serves 2
Ingredients and Method
Cook enough pasta for 2 people.  
Heat 2 - 3 tablespoons olive oil, add 2 cloves of garlic crushed and saute until soft and infused the oil. stir 100g purple flower sprouts or Brussels sprout, halved.  cook for few minutes until beginning to soften.  Then stir in the cooked pasta and  2- 4 tablespoons of Kale and Hazelnut pesto, season to taste.  
Sprinkle some toasted hazelnuts for garnish and optional grated cheese.

4 comments:

  1. I love recipes that aren't really recipes - just common sense. Kale and hazelnut pasta sounds delicious. I hope you're feeling better :) Nancy | Plus Ate Six

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy, I'm not 100%, but doing okay.

      Delete
  2. Hi Shaheen, this looks awesome,green and healthy. I have not seen purple flower sprouts this side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes, I prefer them to traditional sprouts, but the purple does fade on cooking.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You