Thursday, 3 December 2015

Black Tahini - Sesame Seed Butter Flapjacks

Flapjacks are back on the menu for our on the go work breakfast bar or energy injecting power snack.

I made these particular ones with Black Sesame Seed Butter, they were so good that I made them twice!  
As you can see the artistic streak came out. I splodged the black sesame seed paste here and there, but could have easily spread it out over the top neatly had I had the patience and inclination.

I mentioned previous, when I made the Black Sesame Seed Butter, D wasn't that keen on them, but when I stirred it into some flapjacks he absolutely loved it.  



Black Sesame Seed and Cranberry Flapjacks
Makes 8 - 12
Ingredients
125g butter
100g golden caster sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
2 (or 4) tablespoons black sesame seed butter/paste  
260g rolled oats
(Optional) 60g dried cranberries
Optional: plus 2 tablespoons for topping
Method
In a pot, melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup, then remove from the heat and stir in 2 (or 4) tablespoons black sesame paste until well combined.  
Then stir in the rolled oats and optional cranberries until well combined.
Tip into a baking tin lined with non-stick parchment or silicon paper.
Smooth the oat mixture into the tin, pressing down with the back of a wooden spoon.
Optional: Then slowly splodge and spread over the remaining black sesame paste until the top is covered with it.
Bake in the oven 180oc/Gas Mark 4 for 20 minutes.  
Score whilst still warm.
Allow to cool, before removing from the tin. 

7 comments:

  1. oh that looks fantastic - my family follows a footy team with black and white as their colour so I see great possibilities there too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thats good to hear, now you have me wondering who the footy team are.

      Delete
  2. These look so tasty! I love black sesame paste. Question, I live in the united states and golden syrup isn't that common, what would be a good replacement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. I think in the US light syrup should be a good sub. I know many American flapjacks use that, so I think it may be an equivalent.

      Delete
  3. I've yet to try black tahini! Does it differ in flavour much to white tahini? These bars look lovely!

    Sus // roughmeasures.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes for a very interesting flapjack. I've made tahini ones before so I know they are delicious, but these look so cool with the black splodges. Glad you managed to convert D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love flapjacks and these look very interesting!

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You