Sunday, 20 December 2015

Fresh Cranberry Flapjacks and other Festive Treats

Lots of sweet stuff knocking about at home and at work from mince pies to tubs of chocolates.  I share with you neither, except some seasonal  flapjacks made with cranberries.
Of course, you can use any dried fruit, but as I had some fresh cranberries left over from the Vegetarian Centre pie Pie that I decided to throw them into the flapjack oaty mixture.  I loved how the fresh cranberries burst.  It was not only zingy and sweet, it also had a bit of jamminess about them.  

 should've sprinkled the flapjacks with a  little dessicated coconuts for the snowflake effect, but I think a Santa in the picture is enough of a statement that this is a recipe for the festivities.



I also made some individual vegan Gingerbread People Cakes
And some some vegan Oreo Wreaths for the nephews and nieces as they were popular the last time I made them.  I am sharing these Oreo Wreaths with Cakeyboi and The Baking Explorer for Decembers edition of Treat Petite: Red and GreenFor the recipe follow this link
And some individual Gingerbread Cakes and  Cranberry and White Chocolate Muffins for the big kids.
Fresh Cranberry Flapjacks
Makes 8 - 12
Ingredients
125g butter
100g golden caster sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
2 (or 4) tablespoons black sesame seed butter/paste  
260g rolled oats
80g - 100g fresh cranberries 
Optional: plus 2 tablespoons for topping
Method
In a pot, melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup, then remove from the heat and stir in 2 (or 4) tablespoons black sesame paste until well combined.  
Then stir in the rolled oats and optional cranberries until well combined.
Tip into a baking tin lined with non-stick parchment or silicon paper.
Smooth the oat mixture into the tin, pressing down with the back of a wooden spoon.
Optional: Then slowly splodge and spread over the remaining black sesame paste until the top is covered with it.
Bake in the oven 180oc/Gas Mark 4 for 20 minutes.  
Score whilst still warm.
Allow to cool, before removing from the tin. 

6 comments:

  1. How have I never seen a vegan Oreo wreath before? Now I have to go and make some! And the gingerbread people are so cute. I love the way Christmas is such an excuse to bake wonderful things and spend ages poring over all the other wonderful things other people have made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joey. Hope you do make some,

      Delete
  2. Have a happy Christmas and New Year, Shaheen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The treats look divine.
    Happy Holidays:Merry Christmas, Shaheen & family!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You