Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Easy Peasy Asparagus and Courgette Pesto Tart

I made the most of what i had in my fridge a few days back.

The result an Asparagus, courgette and pesto Tart.
The asparagus was lightly steamed, then drained and put into a large bowl with sliced courgettes and a couple of tablespoons of green pesto.  Then the coated vegetables were carefully placed upon the uncooked puff pasty.  Just before being placed in the oven to be baked, you have the option of scattering over some grated cheese.
After 20 - 25 minutes, dinner was made.  This simple tart was served with some sauteed new potatoes. 

I am sharing this with Four Seasons Food hosted by Eat Your Veg and Delicieux.  The theme this month is Celebrating Spring; and Emily of A Mummy Too for Recipe of the Week.  I feel a bit silly giving a recipe for this, so will just give you the ingredients.  I know you home cooks will know what to do; and for those who don't take a look at the first photograph and you'll the idea.
Asparagus Courgette Pesto Tart
Serves 4 - 6
Ingredients
Ready made and rolled Puff pastry
1 courgette
Asparagus stalks
Green Pesto (preferably basil) for coating the vegetables
Optional: cheese - dairy or vegan



11 comments:

  1. So delicious! I love asparagus and pesto, but I've never tried them together.

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious. We make an asparagus tart as well, but haven't tried making it with zucchini. Gotta try it now :)
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chandra. I am not a huge fan of courgettes, so like to disguise it with other flavours, and this is a good way forward.

      Delete
  3. Love the look of this, ideal for me. I don't eat eggs so quiche is a no go. This is a good substitute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks lovely - and very neatly made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make lots of tarts like this, impressively tasty considering they really are prepped in mere minutes! Lovely combination of fresh seasonal veggies too. Thanks so much for linking up to Four Seasons Food.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I will always try to reply, even if its a simple Thank you.
You can also find me on;
Twitter: @SeasonalShaheen