Saturday, 24 May 2014

Crisp Crumbly Cocoa Biscuits

Unlike my husband who really really likes sweet things: biscuits, cookies, chocolate bars.  I don't reach out for sweet things, it tends to be savoury nibbles until of course I find myself in the biscuit section of the supermarket aisle, then sometimes, I emphasise sometimes I do get tempted by Mr Kiplings Viennese Whirls, a (not so) secret guilty pleasure, so last month when I saw Chocolate Viennese Biscuits on Lisa's blog I immediately bookmarked the recipe to make in the near future, well that day came much sooner than I expected.   
One of the little nephews requested some chocolate cookies.  And his wish my command, well an opportunity for me to try them out too. 

Every one who took one, took another nodding their approval.  Not too bothered that they were vegan.  The only comment I got from the littlest of my nephews, the one who had originally requested them was that 'they were too cocoa'.  Still, that did not stop him from scoffing three in on sitting.   



I did do two things differently.  I pressed the biscuit dough with a fork (why? out of habit more than anything - it was not necessary at all); and secondly, I did not dip the biscuits in melted chocolate.  I am sure had I done, the littlest of nephews would have been satisfied.  For the original recipe, please follow this link to Lisa's blog We Don't Eat Anything With A Face.  I am sharing these cookies with Jacqueline of Tinned Tomatoes who is hosting Mays edition of Bookmarked Recipes;. and Biscuit Barrel May Challenge hosted by I'd Rather Bake Than... 


12 comments:

  1. These look lovely! I could go a few right now and I wouldn't complain at all if there were too cocoa! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. I'd be happy to share them, but the little ones scoffed them all :) even if they were too cocoa :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for testing out my recipe. My kids certainly preferred them dipped in chocolate :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so welcome Lisa, I have others bookmarked from your blog, hope to try them out in the near future too.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Always lovely to hear from you Sooz.

      Delete
  4. They look lovely. A simple biscuit can be hard to get right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dom, your so right - I guess that is one reason I don't often make biccies or cookies :)

      Delete
  5. They look great and dipping them in chocolate too, well that sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look so yummy and I'd be sure totake one (or maybe three) either dipped in chocolate or just as you have done them here =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura. I'd be so happy to share, but they are all gone :(

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You