Wednesday, 1 May 2013

We Should Cocoa - The Mango Challenge

Although I am not a huge lover of chocolate, I have to admit We Should Cocoa is one of my favourite challenges. In the past few years I've participated in We Should Cocoa by submitting sweet recipes such as Chocolate and Lime Halva; White Chocolate Banoffee Roulade; and Courgette and Apricot Muffins.  For those of you unfamiliar with We Should Cocoa - a chocolate challenge.  This is a monthly cooking event created by Choclette of Chocolate Log Blog and Chele of Chocolate Teapot a few good years ago.  The idea is to create something each month with chocolate.  It can be a sweet dish or a savoury one.  You can use any kind of chocolate or cocoa substance, but it must include the specially selected ingredient chosen by the host.  Well guess what?! Today I am ever so excited to announce that this month I will be hosting We Should Cocoa and its your turn to participate.    
The ingredient that I have chosen will be absolutely no surprise to those of you who have been reading my blog - its MANGO.   For those of you who don't know the background, well 'Mangocheeks' used to be my blogger pseudonym, before I shared my real name Shaheen a couple of years ago.

Anyway, back to the  We Should Cocoa Challenge.  You can use fresh mango, dried mango, tinned mango,  pureed mango  and so on.  Make absolutely anything you like as long as it incorporates both chocolate and mango.


If you haven't done so already, you can also check out last months We Should Cocoa challenge set by Choclette using honey. Follow this link for the Honey and Chocolate Round Up and some inspiration.   

To participate:
Simply link your recipe by the 25th of May to the linky below.
Mention We Should Cocoa in your post
Please link to the current host Shaheen of Allotment2KitchenChocolate Log Blog  and Chocolate Teapot.
Please use the 'We Should Cocoa' logo in your post.
If you use Twitter, please tweet your post to @A2KShaheen and @Choclette8 with
#tag #weshouldcocoa and we will endeavour to  re-tweet it.
Please follow the current theme.  This month it is chocolate and mango when creating your recipe.  All entries for this edition must be suitable for vegetarians.  
Only one entry per blog.
The round up of entries will be posted here on or before the last day of the month.
We Should Cocoa - The Chocolate and Mango Challenge

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful ingredient Shaheen, I'm really looking forward to this one. I'm particularly looking forward to the colour contrasts of vibrant orange and dark chocolate although I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to make.

    Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Choclette, esp for permitting to host. I'm pretty exicted about this one,

      Delete
  2. Oh, cool, I hadn't heard of this challenge. I'll see what I can come up with :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel. Looking forward to your submission, I have no doubt it will inspire.

      Delete
    2. And done! A very tasty experiment, I must say :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you Rachel. I want one, seriously. Will have to attempt to make my own soon.

      Delete
  3. Great pick - I don't think I've had chocolate and mango together before so I'll start planning and see what I can come up with. Look forward to reading the round up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, mango... that's an unusual one.. but happy to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dom, so looking foward to seeing what you come up with

      Delete
  5. Having discovered your blog by you leaving a comment on mine I am so thrilled. You have some fantastic recipes here and being a veggie they all look so good for me. I love the idea of this challenge too I'm going to put my thinking hat on and see what I can come up with. I can't wait to read more from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma. Lookign forward to your submission

      Delete
  6. Great flavour combo for this month's challenge Shaheen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Argh! Any chance I can sneak this one in late? <a href="https://talesofpiglingbland.wordpress.com/2013/05/26/chocolate-dipped-mango-macarons/> <chocolate dipped mango macarons </a>

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi, is there any chance you can include my entry in the roundup even though the linky is closed? Here is the link to my blog post: http://www.carolinemakes.net/2013/05/mango-and-white-chocolate-cheesecake.html
    sorry it'S late!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I will always try to reply, even if its a simple Thank you.
You can also find me on;
Twitter: @SeasonalShaheen