This is my entry for this month We Should Cocoa Challenge - The Mango Challenge. It's a vegan Psychedelic Chocolate and Mango Cake. The mango puree remains liquid upon baking, which makes it perfect again the soft cakey texture of the chocolate cake, as well as adding another sweet dimension.
For those of you still wishing to participate in the challenge, there is still some time. Just follow this link for further details.
Psychedelic Mango Chocolate Cake
Makes 6 - 8 x 3 inch round cakes
Ingredients
30g cocoa powder
180g plain flour
½ teaspoon bicarbonate soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
165g brown sugar
200ml strong brewed coffee, cooled
100ml vegetable oil
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
4 - 6 tablespoons of mango puree from a can
Method
Heat the oven to Gas Mark 5. Line 8 round cake tins with baking parchment paper.
In a large bowl, sift the flour, cocoa, soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir in the sugar. In a small bowl, combine the coffee with the oil and whisk. Then beat the liquid into the dry ingredients. Then quickly stir in the vinegar.
Pour the batter into the prepared tins, then quickly drizzle over a tablespoon of mango puree over each to create a swirl effect. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until a toothpick in the centre of the cake comes out clean. These delicate cakes are better served the following day.


OMG! What a beauty! Just came on-line after a really good dinner ... and I'm already wishing for dessert!
ReplyDelete:)
DeleteI love your cake - it looks like a face to me - sadly I am not a fan of mango so just couldn't think what to make for the we should cocoa but will look forward to the round up
ReplyDeleteAh shame your not a mango fan, I would have loved to have seen what you would have come up with, still the contributions have been awesome, plenty of inspiration and maybe one or two that appeal to you too.
DeleteThis looks excellent Shaheen!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kari
DeleteWow that looks yummy!
ReplyDeleteThese are just so pretty! So artistic and gorgeously shiny!
ReplyDeleteThank you Susan
DeleteThis looks/sounds amazing! So you ship to the US?
ReplyDeleteYou wish. Hope your well. Its been a while, I hope to get back to growing again, on a very very small scale though.
DeleteOh that's really clever, such a great affect Shaheen. Having eaten one of your chocolate cakes I know these will be completely delicious and I do like the pairing of mango and chocolate.
ReplyDeleteBTW, is mint syrup meant to be in the method, I couldn't see it in the ingredients?
Thanks Choclette and for pointing out the mint syrup. Corrected the recipe now.
ReplyDelete