Tuesday, 28 May 2013

We Should Cocoa - The Mango and Chocolate Round Up

As some of you may already know, I was hosting this months We Should Cocoa Challenge.  Mango was the special ingredient that I chose.  This choice was absolutely no surprise to those of you who have been reading my blog on and off for a while, but for some of you it proved a bit of a challenge, but a challenge you all raised because I received 23 mango and chocolate delightss.
Not only have I been introduced to some new blogs and re-acquainted with some blogger friends, I have also truly enjoyed the approach,  the creativity and originality of my fellow bloggers to the mango and chocolate challenge.    I have bookmarked many of your recipes and they will soon be featuring in my home kitchen.  My mother loves mango, so anything I make with mango will be going to her too.  Before I share the entries, I would like to take this opportunity to Thank you lovely fellow bloggers for being part of my much neglected blog and for your wonderful, awesome and tasteful creations.  I would also like Thank both Choclette and Chele for giving me an opportunity to host this months edition of We Should Cocoa.  I have enjoyed it, really.  

Here are the 23 mango and chocolate submissions (in no particular order). 
Lucy The KitchenMaid shared her light and easy to eatTropical Blondies.  I don't know about anyone else, but I know I could eat more than one of these edible beauties.
Rachel Cotterill  shared a perfect and natural pairing of mango and coconut  with her Mango and Coconut Truffle Bites.
Craig from The Usual Saucepans shared this luscious looking Mango and Chocolate Ice Cream.  Perfect to enjoy when the sun decides to come out and tease us.
Baking in Franglais made these awesome looking Mango Blondies piled high, I know many little hands that would reach out for them.
Susan from The Spice Garden shared a sumptuous Mango Chocolate Mousse. I'm licking my lips already. 
I am seriously digging Cake of the Week's moreish Chocolate Dipped Mango Cookies.   
Ros from More Than Occasional Bake shared a sugar-free Banana, Mango, White Chocolate and Spelt Bread.  It was baked in a super cool banana bread baking tin shaped with tropical trees and banana shapes.   
Mainly Baking shared these chewy and subtly flavoured Tropical Chocolate Cookies.
From Elizabeth's Kitchen we have this colourful , calorific and tasty Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Jacqueline of Tinned Tomatoes also shared a colourful, luxurious and heavenly Coconut and Mango Yogurt with Chocolate Dipped Banana.  A fruit rainbow in a bowl.  Doesn't it say sunshine?!
Nicole Bremner share d a gorgeous, golden and glossy Chocolate Mango Mousse Cake. I really want to try this and can only imagine the texture. Yum.
Janice from Farmersgirl Kitchen shared a seasonal Rhubarb, Mango and White Chocolate Almond Cake.  Comfort food truly.
Choclette from Chocolate Log Blog and one of the brains behind We Should Cocoa created a Mango, Cardamon, Coconut Chocolate Cream Cake.
Psychedelic Mango Chocolate Cake was my submission.
The After School Cake Tin shared these healthy and child (and adult) friendly Mango and Chocolate Flapjacks. 
Hannah from Corner Cottage Bakery shared these rather appealing Mango Rice Crispy Cakes.  I will be making these for my nephews and nieces very, very soon.
Law Students Cookbook created these delightful Spiced Mango Chocolate Chip Muffins.
 
Jen at Blue Kitchen Bakes shared her tart and zingy Green Mango and White Chocolate Blondies.   
We all love chocolate brownies, but Makey Cakey's  Mango and Orange Chocolate Brownies are a little more special filled with sunshine.  Go on I know you want a piece.  I certainly do.
Rebecca from BakeNQuilt made these sweet  Mango Buttercreams encased in a heart shaped chocolate.  Would you share it with a loved one or keep them all to yourself?!
Cookbooks Galore shared Mango Eclairs with White Chocolate Icing. I think they are dreamy.
Tales of Pigling Bland shared her wonderful Chocolate Dipped Mango Macarons filled with mango curd.  I love mango curd - a blogger friend of mine sent me some a couple of years ago and I loved it, so know I will love these. 
And finally, Caroline Makes made this rather naughty, but nice Mango and White Chocolate Cheesecake.  Yum, what more can I say?!  Enjoy.

Next month (June)We Should Cocoa is hosted by Victoria from A Kick at the Pantry Door.  Please go by and check out what her chosen ingredient is for Junes edition. 

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely round up. I really like the look of that chocolate mousse cake and the heart-shaped chocolates. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fantastic recipes, great round up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like fun! I'd love to join the party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I want to try them all. Seriously!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're all such interesting recipes! I would have never thought of this combination. :)

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Shaheen! Great round-up! Love those eclairs and the rice cakes - oh, and the buttercream candies and that cheesecake! And, and, and ...

    Thanks for the inspiration this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Lord this all sound and look devine! Must try them all and say goodby to the diet. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoops, I forgot to email mine! Here it is: http://kitchen-maid.blogspot.co.nz/2013/05/treat-me-tropical-blondies.html
    Amazing roundup, esp Choclette's cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were not alone, so no problem in including your delicious Tropical Blondies, wish I had seen them earlier to make and share at the cafe - I know they would have been popular.

      Delete
  9. Lovely recipes as usual for WSC and a fab round up. Mango was an inspired choice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous round-up. So many delicious mango and chocolate creations and I want to sink my teeth into all of them. Thank you Shaheen and thanks to everyone for their warm and sunny contributions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure has really been mine. Enjoyed it really. Thank you for giving me the opp. to host it.

      Delete
  11. Brilliant round up. I hated missing it this month. I even bought a mango! Well done for hosting xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so so much. I have to admit, I was really looking forward to your mango creation :) You can still bake with that mango though.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You