Monday, 13 May 2013

Seasonal May Recipes from A2K

Today you will have to forgive me for what is a bit of a cheats entry, but I want to showcase some seasonal dishes that I have made in the past that I think deserve to have the limelight put on them once again, especially for those of you who may be new to my blog and may have missed out on them originally.  

As well as the many Wild Garlic recipes, such as these Wild Garlic Oatcakes.  Here are some others that I made in the month of May years gone.   

If you can't find wild garlic in your area, you will undoubtedly find wild stinging nettle.  Nettle is growing everywhere at the moment, one of my favourite rice dishes was this  Stinging Nettle Risotto
For those of you blessed to have your own home grown asparagus, well my husband will envy you very much.  I like many people will have to wait for it to appear on the grocery shelf and then hope to make this beautiful Asparagus Flecked Tart.
If your not that keen on cabbage, I encourage you to try this recipe.  It truly converted me.  It has become one of my favourite meals:  Stir Fried Cabbage with Chilli and Ginger
This simple Asparagus and Radish Pasta Salad will make you and your loved one swoon. 
Rhubarb and Ginger Muffins in some of my treasured and cherished teacups and saucers.
Rhubarb, Rose Petals and White Chocolate Flapjacks cut out in a heart shape.  A bit fiddly, but worth it for presentation.
Rhubarb and Rosemary Cookies - a culinary experiment that worked delightfully.  These days I make a cake with both ingredients, I will share that Rosemary and Rhubarb cake with you in the very near future - it also happens to be vegan, the cake that is - not these cookies.
Pink Rhubarb Sorbet - one of the very first Rhubarb recipes to feature on my blog.
And finally, many of you will have recently seen my mini vegan Parsnip, Raisin and Walnut cakes, but well before I started making them I had made a little known and wonderful tart called Rosemary, Lemon and Parsnip Tart.  Its a sweet tart.  I plan on remaking it and introducing it to some unsuspecting diners.  I hope they like it as much as the Parsnip, Raisin and Walnut cakes.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shaheen, I should've looked at your blog a day ago as I had a glut of rhubarb yesterday and it ended up in a crumble for speed. I have made your rhubarb and rose petal flapjack before and that was lovely.
    I see wild garlic but never dare pick it because I seem to live on a dog walking route and I'm thinking dog wee potentially!
    Have a good weekend, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I've loads of rhubarb suddenely growing out of nowhere in the garden. I am looking forward to making some new dishes with them, Rhubarb crumble will be one of them as my mother loves it and its not often that I get to cook for her.

      I understand what you mean about the wild garlic being on dog walking path. I've been lucky to find it in locations where not many people wander, a bit off the beaten track. Hope you find some next year to cook with.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I will always try to reply, even if its a simple Thank you.
You can also find me on;
Twitter: @SeasonalShaheen